New Upcoming Denim Brand

dopesin

Hi guys, :)

One of my friends will be launching his new selvedge denim brand which will make the first set of denims suited to your taste and choices, so go ahead and take the survey and you never know, your preferences might just be selected and you will be getting your own perfect pair :D

Its really simple, Just copy and paste the following questions and delete the not applicable terms or add the necessary (c'mon don't be lazy :D )

So here we go :

What do you look for in a pair of jeans ?

1. The Fit – Straight / Slim / Skinny / Boot ?

2. The Rise – Low / Medium / High ?

3. Button Fly or Zip Fly ?

4. If Button Fly - How many buttons on the rise excluding the top button ?

5. Leg Opening ?

6. Inseam 30” / 32” / 34” / 36” ?

7. Do you prefer to cuff your jeans ? 1 / 2 / 3 cuff(s)

8. Sanforized or Non ?

9. 12 / 14 / 24 Oz. ?

10. Rank your favorites (if not listed you may mention) –

APC, Dior Homme, Levi’s Vintage, Atelier La Durance, Pure Blue Japan, PRPS, Nudie/Nudie Lab, Iron Heart, Skull, Denime, McCoys, Imperial, Lee, Edwin, RRL

11. Your favorite pair with Brand & Model / Fit name ?

12. Preferred color of Selvedge stitch Red / Blue / Green / Purple / Sliver?

13. Made in Japan / Italy / Doesn't Really Matter ?

14. Back pocket stitched / Plain / Tabbed / Studded / Embroidered ?

15. If chose stitched / tabbed / Studded / Embroidered then example of any particular kind you like ? (Images could be helpful)

16. Pocket Bags Color / Texture / Fabric / Print ?

17. Preferred Price ? (of course you pay for quality and craftmanship, so dont be stingy :P ) >$100 / $100-200 / $200-300 / $300 +

Thanks for answering :)

Will keep you posted as soon as things start moving

Cheers !

1. The Fit – Straight / Slim / Skinny / Boot ? between straight and slim

2. The Rise – Low / Medium / High ? medium/low

3. Button Fly or Zip Fly ? button or high quality zip

4. If Button Fly - How many buttons on the rise excluding the top button ? 4-5

5. Leg Opening ? ~7.5"

6. Inseam 30” / 32” / 34” / 36” ? 32

7. Do you prefer to cuff your jeans ? 1 cuff sometimes

8. Sanforized or Non ? sanforized

9. 12 / 14 / 24 Oz. ? 14 oz

Samurai, PBJ, Flathead

11. Your favorite pair with Brand & Model / Fit name- pbj 009

12. Preferred color of Selvedge stitch Red / Blue / Green / Purple / Sliver? Red, or anything subtle

13. Made in Japan / Italy / Doesn't Really Matter ? Japan usually, maybe USA

14. Back pocket stitched / Plain / Tabbed / Studded / Embroidered ? Tabbed, Stitched

15. If chose stitched / tabbed / Studded / Embroidered then example of any particular kind you like ? levi's done it right

16. Pocket Bags Color / Texture / Fabric / Print ? fun stuff, or traditional

17. Preferred Price ? (of course you pay for quality and craftmanship, so dont be stingy ) ~$250-300

I prefer jeans made to the maker's creativity and preference, not some focus group bullshit out to make a buck. And that goes for everything that's worth anything.

oh c'mon the guy's just getting some opinion. dont be too harsh.

i'll help out.

1. The Fit – Slim

2. The Rise – Medium

3. Button Fly

4. If Button Fly - How many buttons on the rise excluding the top button ? 5

5. Leg Opening ? somewhere between 7.5-8 for silm

6. Inseam 36”

7. Do you prefer to cuff your jeans ? 1 - 2

8. Non-sanforized

9. 12 / 14 / 24 Oz. ? above 19oz would be good.

10. Rank your favorites (if not listed you may mention) – 1) samurai 2) pbj 3) nudies

11. Your favorite pair with Brand & Model / Fit name ? Samurai s710

12. Preferred color of Selvedge stitch Red / Blue / Green / Purple / Sliver? anything that catches the eye

13. Doesn't Really Matter

14. Back pocket stitched / Plain / Tabbed / Studded / Embroidered ? something that really stands out. like for example, i know samurai when i see the arcs

16. Pocket Bags Color / Texture / Fabric / Print ? fabric

17. Preferred Price ? (of course you pay for quality and craftmanship, so dont be stingy ) >$100 / $100-200 / $200-300 / $300 +

below 500 bucks

Strictly my opinion, but Goominim has a point....without a clear vision of one's own brand there is little to differentiate from the rest of the market...Best of luck though, it's an incredible proposition that I'm sure all of us here wish we could do as well...

1. The Fit – Straight or Slim

2. The Rise – Medium or High (I would really dig a slim pair of pants with a high waist)

3. Button Fly

4. If Button Fly - How many buttons on the rise excluding the top button ? 3-5

5. Leg Opening ? idk. I never measure that stuff. Not some crazy boot-cut shit though.

6. Inseam ? 34"-36"

7. Do you prefer to cuff your jeans ? 2-3 cuffs

8. Sanforized or Non ? I like non-sanforized, but I don't really care

9. 14 Oz. ?

10. Rank your favorites (if not listed you may mention) – Levi's

11. Your favorite pair with Brand & Model / Fit name ? Levi's 501 STF

12. Preferred color of Selvedge stitch? doesn't matter

13. Doesn't Really Matter ?

14. Back pocket stitched ? Plain or something really cool (no studs though)

15. If chose stitched / tabbed / Studded / Embroidered then example of any particular kind you like ? I'd be down for something non-traditional. I don't want anything gaudy, but something different than the Levi's style would be cool.

16. Pocket Bags Color / Texture / Fabric / Print ? something sturdy

17. Preferred Price ? (of course you pay for quality and craftmanship, so dont be stingy ) <$200 ($170 is the most I've paid for jeans)

1. The Fit – slim straight

2. The Rise – medium

3. Button Fly

4. If Button Fly - 4

5. Leg Opening - 8"

6. Inseam 32"

7. Do you prefer to cuff your jeans ? 0 cuff(s)

8. Sanforized (if RAW, then an inseam that would shrink to 31.5~32")

9. 14oz/24oz doesn't matter as long as it's quality denim

10. Rank your favorites (if not listed you may mention) – not going to bother as they all have their characteristics and cuts. But I can tell you I won't touch APC, Nudies, Imperial and ALD jeans

11. Your favorite pair with Brand & Model / Fit name ? As of right now, Eternal 811

12. Preferred color of Selvedge stitch Red / Blue / Green / Purple / Sliver? who cares, the color represents the mill, as long as the denim is quality, it's all good

13. Made in Japan / Italy / Doesn't Really Matter ? Japan

14. Back pocket stitched / Plain / Tabbed / Studded / Embroidered ? plain w/ tab, or arc depending on how it looks

15. If chose stitched / tabbed / Studded / Embroidered then example of any particular kind you like ? (Images could be helpful) something similar to the levi's arc

16. Pocket Bags Color / Texture / Fabric / Print ? this should be something representative of your brand, get creative

17. Preferred Price ? (of course you pay for quality and craftmanship, so dont be stingy ) I pay according to quality, I won't pay $100 dollars for a pair of nudies and I will expect to pay $250+ for a pair of quality MIJ jeans

1. The Fit – Straight / Slim / Skinny / Boot ? - Slim Tapered

2. The Rise – Low / Medium / High ? - Medium/Low

3. Button Fly or Zip Fly ? - Button

4. If Button Fly - How many buttons on the rise excluding the top button ? 3-4

5. Leg Opening ? - 7" - 7.5"

6. Inseam 30” / 32” / 34” / 36” ? - at least 34

7. Do you prefer to cuff your jeans ? 1 / 2 / 3 cuff(s) wtf does that matter

8. Sanforized or Non ?dont care

9. 12 / 14 / 24 Oz. ? between 14 and 24? like 18

10. Rank your favorites (if not listed you may mention) – Imp, IH, FH, PBJ

11. Your favorite pair with Brand & Model / Fit name ?IH 666od

12. Preferred color of Selvedge stitch Red / Blue / Green / Purple / Sliver? hot pink

13. Made in Japan / Italy / Doesn't Really Matter ? dont matter as long as its quality

14. Back pocket stitched / Plain / Tabbed / Studded / Embroidered ? don't care, thats more of the makers mark

15. If chose stitched / tabbed / Studded / Embroidered then example of any particular kind you like ? (Images could be helpful) same as above, be original

16. Pocket Bags Color / Texture / Fabric / Print ? same as above and abover

17. Preferred Price ? less that 250 considering your a no name brand

I prefer jeans made to the maker's creativity and preference, not some focus group bullshit out to make a buck. And that goes for everything that's worth anything.

This.

And if you want to know things like this, just go to selfedge.com and look at measurements/details for the jeans (and good luck coming anywhere close).

If you don't know what people here wear then you don't spend time here and are just trying to use this community as a focus group, which is rude.

Negged

1. The Fit – Straight / Slim / Skinny / Boot ? slim straight

2. The Rise – Low / Medium / High ? medium

3. Button Fly or Zip Fly ? high quality zip

-

5. Leg Opening ? ~8

6. Inseam 30†/ 32†/ 34†/ 36†? 34

7. Do you prefer to cuff your jeans ? 2 cuff sometimes

9. 12 / 14 / 24 Oz. ? between 14-22 Oz

NF

11. Your favorite pair with Brand & Model / Fit name- NF elephant 19oz

12. Preferred color of Selvedge stitch Red / Blue / Green / Purple / Sliver? red

13. Made in Japan / Italy / Doesn't Really Matter ? japan

14. Back pocket stitched / Plain / Tabbed / Studded / Embroidered ? plain

15. If chose stitched / tabbed / Studded / Embroidered then example of any particular kind you like ? levis

17. Preferred Price ? (of course you pay for quality and craftmanship, so dont be stingy ) ~$150-200

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

1. The Fit – Straight

2. The Rise – Medium

3. Button Fly of course

4. 4 buttons

5. Leg opening 7.25-7.5

6. Inseam 34”-36"

7. Do you prefer to cuff your jeans ? 1 cuff for myself

8. Non Sanforized

9. 14 or 24 Oz. I think is acceptable, as 12 seems way to light for my standards.

10. Rogue Territory and APC

11. Your favorite pair. Rogue Territory/Steves - Slim Straight

12. Selvedge stitch colour Red or full red inseam, as Kapitol denim does it

13. Made in USA or Japan

14. Back pocket stitched Embroidered

15. Embroidered with a Rifle outline (Winchester, Springfield) if made with Cone Denim (American) or a Japanese sun like image outline if made with Japanese denim.

16. Pocket Bags Color doesn't matter really

17. Preferred Price ? $150-225usd

This.

And if you want to know things like this, just go to selfedge.com and look at measurements/details for the jeans (and good luck coming anywhere close).

If you don't know what people here wear then you don't spend time here and are just trying to use this community as a focus group, which is rude.

Negged

I know what people here wear and just cuz i'm not posting in other threads showing what i'm wearing or discussing other brands doesn't mean that I have no clue about what people here like and wear. I'm just trying to get opinions of sufus here who would like a little change in the usual brands they wear, maybe something new that they would like to try... but hey im not the one to hate cuz i am just as much a selvedge lover as you all are owning over 80 pairs of denim out of which 20 are selvedge (80 pairs from when i wasn't much into selvedge and just owned about 4-5)

1. The Fit – Straight / Slim.

2. The Rise – Medium / High

3. Button Fly

4. If Button Fly - How many buttons on the rise excluding the top button: 4-5

5. Leg Opening - 8 to 8.5

6. Inseam 30†/ 32†/ 34†/ 36†- 32

7. 2 cuff(s)

8. Sanforized or Non - either.

9. 19+ oz

10. Rank your favorites- Sam, Iron Heart

11. Your favorite pair with Brand & Model / Fit name - Samurai 710

12. Preferred color of Selvedge stitch Red / Blue / Green / Purple / Sliver - no preference

13. Made in Japan / Italy / Doesn't Really Matter - no matter.

14. Back pocket stitched

15. If chose stitched / tabbed / Studded / Embroidered then example of any particular kind you like ? some type of arc is good. nothing crazy.

16. Pocket Bags Color / Texture / Fabric / Print - no care.

17. Preferred Price ? (of course you pay for quality and craftmanship, so dont be stingy :P ) $300 +

Unless your friend is only going to sell to people on here, focus group feedback here is essentially worthless. It's a subgroup so niche that you might as well ask albino Eskimos their preferred choice in jackets before starting your own jacket company.

1. The Fit – Straight / Slim / Skinny / Boot ? straight, tapered.

2. The Rise – Low / Medium / High ? medium high

3. Button Fly or Zip Fly ? simple buttons(donuts), or high quality zipper

4. If Button Fly - How many buttons on the rise excluding the top button ?4

5. Leg Opening ? 7.5~8.25

6. Inseam 30” / 32” / 34” / 36” ? 34

7. Do you prefer to cuff your jeans ? 1 / 2 / 3 cuff(s) double

9. 12 / 14 / 24 Oz. ? 14~21

APC, Dior Homme, Levi’s Vintage, Atelier La Durance, Pure Blue Japan, PRPS, Nudie/Nudie Lab, Iron Heart, Skull, Denime, McCoys, Imperial, Lee, Edwin, RRL

Samurai, PBJ, Studio D'Artisan

11. Your favorite pair with Brand & Model / Fit name ? PBJ XX-009, deep indigo

12. Preferred color of Selvedge stitch Red / Blue / Green / Purple / Sliver? Red

13. Made in Japan / Italy / Doesn't Really Matter ? Japan

14. Back pocket stitched / Plain / Tabbed / Studded / Embroidered ? Plain

15. If chose stitched / tabbed / Studded / Embroidered then example of any particular kind you like ? (Images could be helpful)

Stitched. Levi's arc with diamond.

16. Pocket Bags Color / Texture / Fabric / Print ? doesn't really matter

17. Preferred Price ? (of course you pay for quality and craftmanship, so dont be stingy ) >$100 / $100-200 / $200-300 / $300 +

$200 ~ $300

Edit: Just sayin, also, if I were personally to price a pair of jeans, I would do it so the heavier/more fabric used, the more money it is. I mean N&F has standard models around 14oz for anywhere between $100-$150 retail. Then they have the special models/heavyweights ranging in price from $200-$350ish. So I would say that price should be priced wisely. I mean personally I would much rather pay the extra money for a pair of Samurais since I know they are a reputable/good brand. Now if I spend $300 on this brand (if...IF), and then they just fall apart within a year, will I ever buy from them again? No. But, if it were lets say $100, I would maybe say yes since it was cheaper, and held up for a good amount of time. But also I probably wouldn't pay for the same pair, I would try something different. Now if he offered free repairs (almost like a warranty), within a year if they fall apart, I would definitely buy.

A wide variety, not just one specific.

Same as #1

Button Fly

Depending on the rise anywhere from 4-5 buttons.

5. Leg Opening ?

That depends on the cut. For skinny cut around 7", for a slim leg ~7.5", straight leg 8-9", boot.. not sure..

34-36" depending on how much they shrink. Or offer them in sizes 34-36" then.

Depending on how I feel, I will do 2 cuffs, or just none.

8. Sanforized or Non ?

Non. Personally I like shrinking jeans.

9. 12 / 14 / 24 Oz. ?

I would say offer them in 14 oz, and a heavier model, if you can perfect it in a 24 oz. jeans, I say go for it!

1. Samurai, 2. Strike Gold, 3. Skull, 4. APC, 5. RRL, 6. Imperial, 7. Nudie. I have owned those in the past or now. Now my other favorite brands I don't own are as follows: 1. Iron Heart, 2. Pure Blue Japan, 3. Denime, 4. LVC.

Iron Heart 666sOD (I tried it on and the fit was amazing). Now my favorite denim for characteristics would be Strike Gold 1103EX's

Red

As long as it isn't China, or made in a sweatshop..

NO studs, Definitely tabbed, and I say embroidered as long as it is creative, plain and simple.

Preferably I like it simple, but seriously it should be up to the person making the back pocket stitching on what they want to put.

Pocket bags don't matter to me. As long as it holds a phone I am fine. The biggest pet peeve though is that the opening is too small for me to fit my hand in it;.

Since it is a new brand, start low when Roy originally came out he was selling jeans for about $150, now his jeans are being sold on SE for $275. So make a few runs for a low price so this way word gets out of the brand, then when you create new models raise the prices. That is all in my opinion though.

1. The Fit – Straight / Slim / Skinny / Boot ? vintage fit

2. The Rise – Low / Medium / High ? med/high

3. Button Fly or Zip Fly ? button

5. Leg Opening ? 8-9

7. Do you prefer to cuff your jeans ? 1 / 2 / 3 cuff(s) either double cuff or stacks

8. Sanforized or Non ? UNsanforized

9. 12 / 14 / 24 Oz. ? 14 for spring/sumer heavier for winter/fall

fullcount, warehouse, samurai

11. Your favorite pair with Brand & Model / Fit name ? fullcount 1101

12. Preferred color of Selvedge stitch Red / Blue / Green / Purple / Sliver? any color

13. Made in Japan / Italy / Doesn't Really Matter ? made in japan

14. Back pocket stitched / Plain / Tabbed / Studded / Embroidered ? tab

15. If chose stitched / tabbed / Studded / Embroidered then example of any particular kind you like ? (Images could be helpful) classic red tab

16. Pocket Bags Color / Texture / Fabric / Print ? chambray

any price

1. The Fit – Straight / Slim / Skinny / Boot ? slim fit

2. The Rise – Low / Medium / High ? low/med

3. Button Fly or Zip Fly ? button

5. Leg Opening ? 7-8

7. Do you prefer to cuff your jeans ? No, stacks better

8. Sanforized or Non ? Unsanforized

9. 12 / 14 / 24 Oz. ? 14oz but 24oz would be chill as well

Iron Heart

11. Your favorite pair with Brand & Model / Fit name ? IH301s

12. Preferred color of Selvedge stitch Red / Blue / Green / Purple / Sliver? any color

13. Made in Japan / Italy / Doesn't Really Matter ? made in japan

14. Back pocket stitched / Plain / Tabbed / Studded / Embroidered ? stitched

15. If chose stitched / tabbed / Studded / Embroidered then example of any particular kind you like ? (Images could be helpful) simple pattern like IH's. I like the SExIH or SExFH single line ones. Nice and simple.

any would be fine

Edit: Just sayin, also, if I were personally to price a pair of jeans, I would do it so the heavier/more fabric used, the more money it is. I mean N&F has standard models around 14oz for anywhere between $100-$150 retail. Then they have the special models/heavyweights ranging in price from $200-$350ish. So I would say that price should be priced wisely. I mean personally I would much rather pay the extra money for a pair of Samurais since I know they are a reputable/good brand. Now if I spend $300 on this brand (if...IF), and then they just fall apart within a year, will I ever buy from them again? No. But, if it were lets say $100, I would maybe say yes since it was cheaper, and held up for a good amount of time. But also I probably wouldn't pay for the same pair, I would try something different. Now if he offered free repairs (almost like a warranty), within a year if they fall apart, I would definitely buy.

A wide variety, not just one specific.

Same as #1

Button Fly

Depending on the rise anywhere from 4-5 buttons.

5. Leg Opening ?

That depends on the cut. For skinny cut around 7", for a slim leg ~7.5", straight leg 8-9", boot.. not sure..

34-36" depending on how much they shrink. Or offer them in sizes 34-36" then.

Depending on how I feel, I will do 2 cuffs, or just none.

8. Sanforized or Non ?

Non. Personally I like shrinking jeans.

9. 12 / 14 / 24 Oz. ?

I would say offer them in 14 oz, and a heavier model, if you can perfect it in a 24 oz. jeans, I say go for it!

1. Samurai, 2. Strike Gold, 3. Skull, 4. APC, 5. RRL, 6. Imperial, 7. Nudie. I have owned those in the past or now. Now my other favorite brands I don't own are as follows: 1. Iron Heart, 2. Pure Blue Japan, 3. Denime, 4. LVC.

Iron Heart 666sOD (I tried it on and the fit was amazing). Now my favorite denim for characteristics would be Strike Gold 1103EX's

Red

As long as it isn't China, or made in a sweatshop..

NO studs, Definitely tabbed, and I say embroidered as long as it is creative, plain and simple.

Preferably I like it simple, but seriously it should be up to the person making the back pocket stitching on what they want to put.

Pocket bags don't matter to me. As long as it holds a phone I am fine. The biggest pet peeve though is that the opening is too small for me to fit my hand in it;.

Since it is a new brand, start low when Roy originally came out he was selling jeans for about $150, now his jeans are being sold on SE for $275. So make a few runs for a low price so this way word gets out of the brand, then when you create new models raise the prices. That is all in my opinion though.

Thanks for the info, I shall suggest him to keep this in mind.

Cheers

roy probably sold them to SE for around $150 but selfedge's markup is $275. word of mouth wasn't getting him enough business, I suppose…even with his exceptional quality

the reason roy did that is to ensure a bulk order from selfedge.

the markup for designer jeans seems to be a bit arbitrary. look at unbranded jeans and the difference slapping N&F label marks it up, albeit they are made in a different factory, but it's a huge difference.

beyond pure marketing, i believe their actual fair worth should be below $200....or $150, because of the boutique quality.

if my marketing degree means anything. there's quite a bubble that needs to be popped

roy probably sold them to SE for around $150 but selfedge's markup is $275. word of mouth wasn't getting him enough business, I suppose…even with his exceptional quality

the markup for designer jeans seems to be a bit arbitrary. look at unbranded jeans and the difference slapping N&F label marks it up, albeit they are made in a different factory, but it's a huge difference.

beyond pure marketing, i believe their actual fair worth should be below $200....or $150, because of the boutique quality.

if my marketing degree means anything. there's quite a bubble that needs to be popped

Thanks for the heads up, u surely have a major point there.. Will be sure to look into it.

Guest rusholmeruffian

Testify brother

I don't mind being wrong, as long as you point out where. that's not very productive criticism

the price of "conspicuous consumption"

To be honest, I think that if we launch superior quality japanese denim with a fair price tag, you pay for quality hand made craftsmanship. Maybe two different qualities with a price difference of $100-200 can also be launched but it would merely mean we need to deplete the detailing and effort in the lower priced jean thereby also reducing the sturdiness of the denim which I'm sure most of you here at sufu would not be too fond of as I see how much tough denim means to you. And not that we're just looking for sales to sufu members but we love how sufu-ers are fond of quality denim and we wish we could offer something as tough as Iron-Hearts and as ever-green as LVC and as organic as Pure Blue Japans and as comfortable as your old beater denims, to you all :)

But still.. The individuality and design shall be the decision of the maker, but he loves your opinions so please keep posting if there is something you'd like us to know

Cheers !!!

0. Black denim?? Yes, please

1. The Fit – Straight / Slim / Skinny / Boot ? Between slim and straight

2. The Rise – Low / Medium / High ? Medium/Low

3. Button Fly or Zip Fly ? Button. No exceptions :P

4. If Button Fly - How many buttons on the rise excluding the top button ? 3 or 4

5. Leg Opening ? 7.25"

6. Inseam 30” / 32” / 34” / 36”? 32

7. Do you prefer to cuff your jeans ? 1 / 2 / 3 cuff(s)? Zero

8. Sanforized or Non ? Doesn't matter as long as sizing accounts for shrinkage

9. 12 / 14 / 24 Oz. ? 12 or 14

DRKSHDW, Pure Blue Japan, Skull, Dry Bones, APC, LVC

11. Your favorite pair with Brand & Model / Fit name ? APC New Standard and DRKSHDW Berlin

12. Preferred color of Selvedge stitch Red / Blue / Green / Purple / Sliver? Silver

13. Made in Japan / Italy / Doesn't Really Matter? Doesn't really matter if you price accordingly.

14. Back pocket stitched / Plain / Tabbed / Studded / Embroidered ? PLAIN pockets. Tabs are fine tho

15. If chose stitched / tabbed / Studded / Embroidered then example of any particular kind you like ? n/a

16. Pocket Bags Color / Texture / Fabric / Print ? Doesn't matter, as long as its a durable fabric. A heavy cotton canvas in a herringbone weave would be nice.

17. Preferred Price ? (of course you pay for quality and craftmanship, so dont be stingy :P ) $100-200