Early To Rise

Hey guys,

It all started with me needing a new key ring...

And being a vintage denim head I had to make it cool and fit who I was.

So I used vintage machines like my 1898 Singer, perfect selvedge fabrics, like Cone 12.5 oz and Kurabo 12 oz denims and even hickory stripe.

Un treated vegetable tanned leather and real copper rivets and burrs.

Well, I Liked how they turned out so much I started a little company called,

Early To Rise... I'm going to be making some more items as the year goes by.

Check it out and let me know what you guys think. Because I know you will....

4shotwlogosm.jpg

Thanks everyone.. yes LA....

I'm working on "perfecting" that hat I made a few weeks ago. Hopefully in a few weeks I can get those going as well....

I am very impressed by these and your work. To install the button do you just simply push it through your waistband?

Thanks!

Yes, these are the simple versions. You just give it a tap with a hammer and the two pieces lock together.

so this weekend I picked up some natural cotton Duck 10oz. I thought I'd try to make a cap with it.

I call this one my 9 finger cap as I sliced open my finger pretty good with a rotary razor cutter during the making of this cap....

DSC09712.jpg

DSC09714.jpg

DSC09713.jpg

DSC09719.jpg

I made the top part a bit larger than my normal size, and it turned out that way too. I tried dying it with coffee to get a browner cap. It stained it a little but not much.

DSC09723.jpg

I'm getting close with these.... so I should be able to offer them soon.

It's not perfect so I'll be putting it in the super market for cheap if anyone wants a beater.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just made this yesterday. It's a prototype and isn't on the main site now, but I thought it turned out pretty cool...

about 5-6 oz Vegetable Tanned Leather. Lined with cotton flannel so it doesn't scratch your lenses. Solid wood dowel in between so you don't crush you glasses also.

Hand Stitched... Will darken over time and use.

currently in the supermarket, although I'm tempted to use it myself....

DSC00282-1.jpg

DSC00283.jpg

DSC00284.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

DSC00287.jpg

Los Angelino discount? -)

PM me what you're interested in maybe we can do something... Everything on my website is on sale..

Prototype Wallet on sale too!

• 2 weeks later...
Are there any plans to make somerhing out of brown/orange colored cotton duck? The cap, a wallet or sth. With your really nicely done rivets it could look and be pretty nice.

I've been trying to find some brown selvedge duck. I can get it in non selvedge but would really like to find about 10 yards of selvedge cone brown... Hopefully I'll find some soon and will be doing a lot with it...

thanks for the thoughts

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a special order for a great repeat customer in Germany... He wanted the shortie a little less shortie.... and three rivets instead of two...

I hope he likes them!

DSC09386.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
New item I'm playing with... Suspenders!

Just this pair so far. the next pair will be selvedge denim... what do you guys think?

QUOTE]

Liking the suspenders.. What material are you using? Are they elasticated?