Cheap Fake Ipads- NOT SPAM, honestly wondering.

I keep seeing some no name brand Ipad's for 99E here and there in XXX. That means there are some ill ones in some unknown K-town or HK spot, that might not be as cool or ace as a Ipizzle, but useful and cheap.

The guy i talked to today had some 99E jam which was runnin Android 2.1 or 2.2... some shit... It had wifi and some propritary 720 play back steez.

Anyone know if ANY of these are worth it, he said wait two years, but the future is now, fuck waitin, the world is yours concept.

Thoughts? Insight? Hate?

All thoughts are welcome. (except you Haploid, stay outta this shit.)

I'm sure you can get a fake and flash it to run a similar OS but I haven't seen too much that yet. I ended up just getting an ipad2 since I prefer Mac OS. the droid tablets will be cool, they make the point of the SD card but most companies are pushing cloud as all end all.

as i said, the one i saw was runnin droid 2.1 or 2.2... if it had HDMI i would have pulled the trigger.

I hear Archos has some good stuff in this range... with HDMI support.

Some of these are done extremely well. My theory on the whole subject is that you have companies like apple and google (to name a few key players) who outsource their production to places like china. What ends up happening, whether it be through illegal means, the transfer of knowledge, exchange of workers, or some other magical force, they end up building "clones" so to speak.

We all know about these "cheap" made in china knock offs, not just in regards to electronics, but in general. However, in recent years the quality of the fakes have been increasing at an alarming rate. There are plenty of fake tablets, ipod clones, MacBooks, designer clothes, and even name brand instruments, which all work quite well. In some cases they work just as well as the original.

None of this is really what you were talking about though...sorry..

I've had the chance to use a few of these droid tablets (I'm not too sure on the specific models), but in general they perform very well and you do get a great bang for your buck.

Don't want to read that shit? Summary? It's wroth it.

Some of these are done extremely well. My theory on the whole subject is that you have companies like apple and google (to name a few key players) who outsource their production to places like china. What ends up happening, whether it be through illegal means, the transfer of knowledge, exchange of workers, or some other magical force, they end up building "clones" so to speak.

I definitely agree that this happens. You are forgetting that it is the software that completes the experience and not just the hardware. If you compare computers, laptops, phones, and tablets by their specs, they are all very much the same. It's all about the software.

To me, the major fault with these knockoffs is that they do not come with great software. I can understand it if Apple software isn't your thing. But it's mine; I don't find pleasure in using other OS environments.

This post is also a bit off the original topic, but I felt the hardware quote above is just a piece of the puzzle for these types of devices. If you read reviews on many tablets, I think you'll find that Android just isn't there yet for a tablet OS.

^^^ play with linux.

if it's droid powered, it probably has compatible architecture.

@astrowolf – I'd say lurk over at hackaday.com or similar sites. odds are they've already scrounged forty of those cheap chinese ipads and built themselves a roomsized synthesizer.

its amazing to me that no ones looking or posting in this thread... you would think that people would chime in with some good hints, or just want to be put on as far as a good cheap choice to a ipazzle.

The young jerk clerk at the comp store said were a couple years away from a 99$ choice in this market, i believe him, but also kinda think something totally amazing must be out there now. who knows?

thanks for the insight guys...

@Ren,

Done and done, lets see if we can drum up some interest here, some one knows something worth sharing, that first title was pretty spam bunk, perhaps this one will reel em in.