denim

Brienneoftarth

I bought a pair of Sorahikos a few months back and I love them, but I felt they were overpriced to begin with so I couldn't see myself paying $750 for the Aihikos. (I guess if money really were no object I'd pick em up though, because they are fucking nice.)

The supposed big deal about the Aihikos is that they are dyed using vegetable indigo. After a couple of years worth of washing this creates a really unique green/blue color. If you have a chance to get to the store you should check them out as they have a bunch of different washes on display. The 45rpm cut is very classic so a lot depends on what you're looking for.

Oh yeah, one thing that the price tag on the 45rpms a little easier to take is that they'll repair any damage to the jeans for a couple years after they've been purchased. There was a guy visiting the store who had ripped the shit out of his by carrying a deck with the grip tape facing in and they were going to fix them up without charging.

for about $600 you can get some late 60's big E Levis in damn near deadstock condition. I would go that route, because they will go up in value. I've seen 45 Rpm jeans sell for less than $100 on the used market. Big E levis will alway be woth a lot of money and I think they look way cooler than 45 RPM.

Live is too short for bad denim!

Quote:

for about $600 you can get some late 60's big E Levis in damn near deadstock condition. I would go that route, because they will go up in value. I've seen 45 Rpm jeans sell for less than $100 on the used market. Big E levis will alway be woth a lot of money and I think they look way cooler than 45 RPM.

--- Original message by Serge d Nimes on Jan 27, 2005 10:59 AM

I agree - you can't beat the original synthetic indigo dyes

exactly. usually if there is a single digit number on the back of the top button, the jeans will have single stitching on the tops of the back pockets. Single stitch jeans (even little e) have better looking indigo (darker) than later jeans. I think the last of the big Es have a 6 on the back of the top button, and you will find them in small e as well. Look for 2 color stitching and black bartacks (flags) on the back pockets. repros will have the following numbers: 555, 554, J24, 886, R and probably more. 555 denotes the SF factory(closed for good,) J ones are from Japan, R ones are contracted out. I've seen some hidden rivet jeans with W and J, but most have no number. The holy grail of levis are hidden rivets with a real leather tag (not to mention bucklebacks.) Levis were not real popular till about 1955, (due to Brando and Dean) and that is when quality went on its downhill ride till 1982, when the jeans became garbage.

Sorry for taking up so much bandwithicon_smile_blush.gif but here are some pics of some nice Levis jeans. the ones on the left are Big E from about '66, witha 2 on the back of the top button. These are the coolest jeans I have vever seen. They look worn to hell and hardly ever washed. They are true Hippy jeans. they have major drags and I repared the crotch with selvage denim form an apron. the middle is a pair of 2 wash, no soap 1947 repros that are 3 years old. on the right are the 1966 Pillion repro from LVC. I have owned about 60+ repro Levis and these are the coolest. What a bargain at $200. oh, and the red tab on real levis big e is made of viscose hich is a really nice red color and soft, the repros have thirs made out of some type of rigid nylon, and it doesn't curl like the real ones.

1105536847155_665011.JPG

1106675289911_665012.JPG

1106161163200_665013.JPG

1104962847368_665014_edited.JPG

big fan of ICR Vs. Deth Killers. Mine are really hanging in there and taking a beating without wearing out too fast. Solid cut and straightforward, no fake wear and tear. The hot items in the line can be tough to find if you don't jump on them when the collection comes out. Hear the new lines rolls out this weekend or next or there abouts.