Digital Camera shopping help!

doke

Hi guys,

I thought I might turn to you to see if anyone can help me out!

panasonic-lx1-angle-400.jpg

I am after a digital camera- namely the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Panasonic/panasonic_dmclx1.asp

Now, I originally bought it on ebay off a respected seller, but it turned out they could not deliver.

I am hesitant to go back onto ebay to make the purchase as i was already jacked $1000 for a laptop last year.

I dont know how some of you guys do it, I am just having the worst luck with ebay!

Here is where you come in..

If anyone in Asia, or the states perhaps could have a quick look and tell me what it is worth, and possibly help me out by buying it and sending it to me that would be excellent! I will of course have something in it for you!

It is retailing for around AU $850 here in Sydney Australia,

Thanks ,

michael

Panasonic-DMC-LX1.jpg

Honestly, I'd recommend almost any camera by Canon, the pictures come out clear about 99% of the time (although I might be exaggerating a bit). But I have a Sony DSC T-1 and to me that camera sucks big time. In the day the pics taken are fine but try taking it in a club or at night and the pics come out terrible. I've used my dad's canon before (can't remember the model number but its one of the older digital cameras) and the pictures are clear no matter whether its night or day. Just go with Canon, u can't go wrong.

*Just for u flamers out there, this is based on my personal opinion and I'm not advertising for Canon.

I use the Casio EX-Z750. It was sort of a toss-up between this camera and the Canon, but I went with the Casio because it has a bigger screen and shittons of SLR-like features. I love this camera, the only thing I have to work on is getting rid of red eye without using the red-eye reduction setting (no one ever holds a pose long enough for the two flashes).

yes i know this,

but the lx1 has full manual capabilities, but is not bulky like a big dslr.

Shooting raw, there is no problem wtih noise..

So anyone able to help me out here with the purchase? :S

wild wiskey, i just looked at a revieww of the Casio -850 the update to the 750,

Man it looks promising hey!

Everything on offer in the LX1 (hopefully) but smaller and for less $$$

I will have another look when i get home, im at work now though..

Thanks for that

the Fuji Finepix F-10.

I had this camera before it was stolen.

And damn it was so good. Excellent picture quality and definition.

Plus it doesn't orange your pictures, which was my complaint with my Canon, the flash drowns out subject, or turns them yellow.

I been rappin' for about 17 years..

I don't write my stuff anymore,

I just kick it from my head you know what I'm sayin I can do that.

No disrespect... but that's how I am.

i agree with naturaljax

I love my fuji to bits. I'm a photography student at university, and can't deal with the sony and panasonic photos because they're CCD sensors are too crappy, causing alot of noise in the dark (clubs, bars... places i'd generally take photos with my friends for casual snaps). Also, the response of fuji is really fast. takes less than a second for the whole thing to swtich on and be ready, and the shutter delay is minimal, making spur of the moment shots very possible. That is what i find lacking in the uber slim models.