7-11 franchise opportunities in japan - serious business - never forget

M4TM

^^ success of 7-11 in JP? do they own Lawson or something? I see a lot more Lawson's around than 7-11's...

7-11 Japan is the only 7-11, they bought the American company in 2005, they have more retail locations than any other business in the world.

WTF???? How many locations are we talking?

They're at about 47,000 locations, they open one 7-11 every 3.5 hours.

do they get robbed as much?

No way, robberies are near unheard of in Japan compared to the rest of the world.

if they do get robbed, it is usually by "foreigners"

Gaijin+Smash.jpg

can someone describe the difference between 7-11 and 7-11 i holdings?

7-11 is the name of the stores, 7-i Holdings is the parent company (which is Japanese), 7 & i bought the 7-11 company six years ago.

711 in Japan you visit 4-7 times every single day and you love it

711 in US you only go to when every other store within 5 miles is closed

I think its something to do with the densely populated areas where they are located in Japan, they can be stocked and restocked constantly, where in the US it's just too expensive to do so.

You're saying 7-11 stores in the US are always out of stock on certain items or the stock isn't fresh?

Not sure about now, I haven't been to one in several years. What's your assessment of the diff between US and Japan 7-11s?

I find that they're about the same other than the product mix. Even in Japan there are 7-11's which aren't up to Japanese cleanliness standards. The customer service to product mix isn't that different between the countries, even at 7-11s in the US you have a different range of products depending on the community/region they're in.

I've read that 7-11 japan uses scheduled product changes in order to compensate for small space. For example, a kid-size milk is put at eye-level in the morning for the kids going to school. At lunch, the liter size is put at eye level for the adults buying for the home.

I've also heard that they take multiple deliveries every day, each order is placed live depending on specific stock outs at the moment, not according to a set plan.

This is only from reading, of course. I don't work there

Anecdotes: I have a japanese classmate, i asked him how many times he went to 7-11 per day, he said "not that often, like 3-4"

Another anecdote: I've never seen any prepared food at US 7-11 that looked appealing, the last thing I ate from there was a taquito and it was definitely not made recently.

My wife's hometown(Karatsu) has only one 7-11 and its pretty frigging far away(20-30 minute walk). But we still go there like 1-2x a day when we're there.

I live near 2 7-11s in Manhattan and I'll only grab a slurpee there once or twice in the summer. The offerings are pretty crap.