Evisu Heritage Daicock Special

Guest Berget__

I don't know which grade of denim that is used. Basically the difference of No1 and No2 denim is that No2 denim is sanforized while No1 arent. I have a pair of No1 evisu and in my opinion the denim on the ones you posted are of better quality.

I aint gotta get money man money get me

Green Tea's right - it's a heavier, kinda uneven weave, yet soft. If you look closely at the outside of them, there's some variation in the blues... Beautiful stuff, tho kinda dear! I've got my eye on a pair with the red Japanese floral Daicock at this shop FactoryPeople in Austin, but gotta save up my $670! Denim as art I figure...

Actually i believe the difference is the sizing. I have both the no.1 and no.2 and the only difference is the no.2 is far more baggy, but the denim is exactly the same.... anyhow ive seen these jeans in person, they are all over LA selling for 650+. the denim is not soft at all, and looks alot better in pictures than in person. Of course that is just my personal opinion and my comparison to some 2000 models that i own myself. ofcourse we all know that theres nothing like the older evisu :)

AIM: tdubb96

Email: [email protected]

Does anyone know whether these are as baggy as the No.2 Lot2001 because the last time I wore No.2 Lot2001, about a year ago, they were too saggy at the butt and I ended up having a tailor change the fit for me. I'm wearing size 31 Lot0331 right now and I like the fit, I wouldn't mind it being slightly looser but not much looser. Would size 30 for these be similar to size 31 Lot0331?

Damn I can't decide on whether to get these Daicock Special's or to get SSDS. These Evisu's will cost twice the price but I love the design. I just don't know how the fit will look on me now. Because last time I had a pair of No.2 Lot2001, I was a bit heavier (20-25 pounds or so) and couldn't pull off the baggy look because they didn't look baggy but just loose and saggy at the butt which, "made my butt look big" haha, because I definately don't have a flat butt. The SSDS looks like Lot0331 so I know they will fit alright. Does anyone know where there are Evisu jeans in Melbourne, Australia? Both the D inc stores have closed down I think, and Dakota 501 only had 1 pair of evisu jeans last time I went and they were an old eu-ed pair. So I don't know where I can try on Evisu's.

Guest Berget__
Quote:

Actually i believe the difference is the sizing. I have both the no.1 and no.2 and the only difference is the no.2 is far more baggy, but the denim is exactly the same.... anyhow ive seen these jeans in person, they are all over LA selling for 650+. the denim is not soft at all, and looks alot better in pictures than in person. Of course that is just my personal opinion and my comparison to some 2000 models that i own myself. ofcourse we all know that theres nothing like the older evisu :)

--- Original message by TaylorMADE on Jun 4, 2006 02:48 PM

I dont think there is a difference in size, but since I dont own any No2 denim I cant tell for sure. But I'm extremely certain that No1 denim is non-saforized and that no2 denim is sanforized. Thats a fact.

As mentioned, the denim on these jeans are not soft at all. In fact it's very stiff and it's kind of hard to walk in them in the beginning.

I bought them about 2 months ago for about $550 - but only because of the denim. I really don't like that daicock, but the denim was "must-have". Trying to figure out a way to get rid of the daicock.

No. 1 jeans are 14.5 oz, while No. 2 are only 12 oz - It has nothing to do with the size.

I actually e-mail evisu.com questioning about generel information about the denim - but they didn't know shit as always

Edited by antihelt on Jun 5, 2006 at 12:59 PM

i will confirm that the denim is very stiff- stiffer than nudie redline selvedge jeans and much heavier too.

i bought a pair of the red "osaka ban" jap floral print ones, worn about 10 times and still stiff as.

the denim is definatly top grade and the weave patterns u will not find on ur everyday raw selvedge jean. though the 700AUD price tag is a turn off. ps the box is nice too lol

peace

Guest Berget__
Quote:

As mentioned, the denim on these jeans are not soft at all. In fact it's very stiff and it's kind of hard to walk in them in the beginning.

I bought them about 2 months ago for about $550 - but only because of the denim. I really don't like that daicock, but the denim was "must-have". Trying to figure out a way to get rid of the daicock.

No. 1 jeans are 14.5 oz, while No. 2 are only 12 oz - It has nothing to do with the size.

I actually e-mail evisu.com questioning about generel information about the denim - but they didn't know shit as always

Edited by antihelt on Jun 5, 2006 at 12:59 PM

--- Original message by antihelt on Jun 5, 2006 12:58 PM

Are you sure? Acoording to kobori the No2 denim is also 14.5 oz. http://66.249.93.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.rakuten.co.jp/kobori/153170/153255/

Which design out of the 4 special daicock colours do you guys like the most. I know a lot of people will say none of them. But for people who do like a design more than the others. They can be found at www.evisu.com if you havn't seen them, under all menswear jeans. It's quite weird that they're not under Heritage or men's mainline or EU-ED but only under all menswear. I personally like the Stripy/Hickory ones the most. Simple, not too flashy but adds more to just plain white.

Edited by Raw Selvedge on Jun 9, 2006 at 04:43 AM

Guest Berget__

Its not broken twill. I've handled them in person. Of the designs I think the plain whites look best.

OT: Damn evisu are charging crazy prices on their own shop. They are chargin 280€ for a pair of jeans that i bought at my local shop for 215€...

We just marked them down at my shop in L.A. to 399 and less, depending on color of daicock. At that price, its way easier to deal with the logo......

Fuck....more shit to buy

• 5 months later...

I just got a pair of these coz I found them for a good price on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330046357949&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=014

I have a few queries about them. They don't have the usual barcode on the inside under the waistline. Is that unusual? Also under the "see reverse side" tag, theres a small tag that says "Made in China". I have compared them to the camo version of these and it's exactly the same, denim quality and all the rivets and selvedge and everything, but the camo one has a barcode and doesnt have the Made in China tag. Can anyone give me some feedback on this?

I've seen them but what difference does the tag where it is made matter at all ?

very nice denim - I thought how in the world would the thick painted daicock fade out , but a few people said it does quite fast ( within a year )

so I wish I could afford them really ..