Denim Magazine List

^ I got mine on order there too.

amazon.co.jp carries it too and I believe they do intl shipping.

For those who can't read english. Search for "lightning" and click on the correct one according to the pictures. Then click add to cart on right hand side.

Then click "In English" to complete the checkout process. But they may still require you to use a copy/paste japanese-english translator since even in the "english mode" there's still tons of japanese characters. Good luck.

kinokuniya on vanderblt right? word, maybe I should reserve one... do you know if they do that? and if they speak english there (I don't speak a word of Japanese)

yes, as pacioli said, the one on 49th. And yes, they take reservation and yes, they speak English. Don't know if Asahiya would have it. I should check it out.

Asahiya had a copy, too, when I went to check this past weekend. I've been reading mine for few days now and I do think it's a must-buy, whether you're a vintage fan or a repro fan. Some thick book with pics of great denims, many of them I've never seen before.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah really frustrating since the back pockets are an important aspect of the jeans. ugh.

But the number of pages of denim is remarkable. Makes the first one seem like a highschool project.

Also like how they did a what was going on in society type timeline with the Lee's, Levi's and Wranglers and some of their marketing campaigns. Too bad I can't read any of it!

And no 45rpm and sugarcanes in this issue?!

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Sorry to revive this old thread.

Just want to let you guy know the latest Denim "Bible" from Daytona BROS is out - "Denim Perfect Book"

(According to Amazon.jp, they are supposed to be released on 13th Sep in Japan. But somehow they're available today in Hong Kong)

After a quick gimpse of the book, I'd say it's definitely a must-have for every denimhead(180 pages 980Yen...if you're in Japan :sad: ). Tons of Jeans photos (more photos than any Bibles from Lightning & pages dedicated to lesser known brands like Full Nelson, Oni, GoWest, The Steam Locomotive....But wait! where is Warehouse & Sugar Cane???

55933pdb5.jpg

2181pdb4.jpg

77632pdb3.jpg

56189pdb2.jpg

78672pdb1.jpg

59383pdb6.jpg

99677pdb7.jpg

42256pdb8.jpg

82798pdb10.jpg

Edited by DDDm

True...probably has something to do with who is willing to pay for the space :ph34r:

7 whole pages devoted to relative newbies The Strike Gold with 2 pages filled with interior shots of their headquarter, Klax-On........

Anyway, I really love how all those lesser known brands got covered.