bad smelling shoes...what to do?

mannen

I have a pair of Puma Mishiro Yamamoto (or something like that :P) and they have just started to smell so much from foot sweat. Kinda like old workout shoes.

I tried to keep them in the freezer over the night to kill of bakterias but still smells rotten.

What can i do to get the smell out of them. I dont wanna get rid of them because I still like them.

http://freerolls.kudos.se how to win cash in poker without risking a dollar

Let them sit out in the sun for a few days and If you can take out the sole padding and wash it or better yet replace it. I bought a bulk sheet of 1/8th inch thick sheet of Poron from a medical supply company and I make my own foot pads for all my shoes and change them out frequently and wash them. The never loose their shape and are very comfy without being too thick for "skinny shoes". Poron is what Corcoran uses to pad their jump boots with.

It is best never to wear a shoes two days in a row, especially if you have others, and particularly if you are prone to athlete's foot. Although they are merely tennis shoes, and it is a little extreme, if you really love them put shoe trees in them daily, and try some anti-bacterial insoles by Dr. Scholls for instance. You can also use foot powders, etc. but I often find they are messy and only add hint of soapy smell to the shit smell......either way, let them air out for at least a week before you wear them again........

^ agreed

dont wear them too many days in a row especially in the summer, when its warm take them off for a while when possible (at school, work or just when sitting somewhere). if you have a serious problem wash your feet once a day in addition to the shower which I hope you take daily :D

change the insoles every once in a while or wash them, also as england said above the anti-bacterials might be a good idea, plus there are some others too that reduce smell.

well this is pretty much for preventing the shoes from getting killed, but since you already did it just wash them, throw them in the sink and use a brush and normal detergant. I've washed even leather shoes ones and normal detergant didnt ruined them even though I thought it would. dont use too much though, more on the inside and rinse thoroughly. leave outside to dry.

wash your feet?

icon_smile_shock.gif

now seriously, i really don't understand how people get suck bad problems with shoes smelling funny. i can wear a pair of shoes for a full week and still they won't smell. i always wear socks though.

Stand tall or don't stand at all

Edited by Egpt on Jun 2, 2006 at 04:05 AM

its just a problem some people have and others dont. I never had a problem but a friend of mine has to change his insoles once a month, sometimes we need to throw his shoes in the hallway or otherwise the whole crib stinks. and the shoes arent necessarily old.

wow...

wash ur insoles and febreeze your sneakers... hang them up for like a week... never wear your sneakers for more than two days straight...

when you're not wearing them sneakers, use sweat absorbers that bowlers use for there shoes... they work wonders...