sling&stones jeans

Egpt

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

i was debating selling them alittle while ago but decided to keep them...but these pictures dont really show the true color...

SS2.jpg

SS3.jpg

SS4.jpg

but yeah, they have a slight green tint to it...i havent looked much into the nudies veggies but these some quite a bit lighter in color than the pictures above.

color.jpg

heres a little color comparison. sorry about the shitty picture and the colors are still not very acurate...

left to right:

S&S veggie dye, nudie dry japan, S&S Synth dye, dior indigo, apc indigo

between the first pics above of the S&S veggies and the comparison, think somewhere in between as far as color goes.

when i get home, ill try to take some more accurate pictures.

the only stores around seattle that actively carries them right now is Bliss in fremont and David Lawrence downtown...but currently are short on stock. we're in process of putting out our second season (aiming at august-september) as well as second line of 1st season production (next month or so) so more stores should have them around Seattle. but expect a restock at David Lawrence and Bliss sometime in the next month or so. David Lawrence will be carrying the Daniels (slim fit) in veggie dye. not sure what Bliss will be carrying.

pricewise...veggie dyes will be 290-300...i'd have to double check.

or...i dont know if i can do this but let me know what size you are and i'll try to find a pair at the studio and you can drop by and try them on or something. let me know.

ah still waiting to get my hands on a pair of natural veggie slim fit joints, with the gold rivets!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw the greyish veggie at Centre store in Dallas (yeah not the first place for SF type of jeans). Very cool: nice details and the denim is raw and selvage, u can really feel the top notch quality.

But I think you need to build a good fan base first : those who understand denim like superfuturians before letting stores like Nordstrom selling them. Look at TR, Seven... They were great the first couple of years but later all end up in discount cheap stores. It really depreciate the brand value. You probably may take example from SC or other japanese brands and even Nudie which only can be found in small, hip and limited stores.

Really good luck to your endeavors.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like what you guys are doing. Keep up the good work. Is there anywhere I can look to find the measurements for the Daniels? Also, is there anywhere I can look to find the various models and washes? I tried Google, but you guys are really small. I already looked at denimbaronline, but either I'm blind or I can't find the measurements. How slim are the fits?

ill post a more accurate measurement tomorrow

Daniel:

leg opening 7.5

knee 8

rise is fairly low

inseam is 34 i think...may be wrong.

ill get the masurement up tomorrow on Davids and a much more accurate measurement on the Daniels

also, we should have all the shots of fit and washes sometime soon on our site.

www.slingandstones.com

Look at TR, Seven... They were great the first couple of years but later all end up in discount cheap stores.

Two things - one: this has largely to do with economics. TR went public and seven sold a 50% stake to bear sterns for some hugemungous amount of money. Investors want to see growth and growth means greater production. In retail when you produce too much of something and it doesn't sell, the end-sellers have to sell below cost in order to make room for the new stuff which they can sell as MSRP and actually make profits. Those jeans show up at discount places because of overstock, not some change in the brand identity. And for the record, I've seen plenty of the more popular (if larger) brands that are popular here at the same discount stores for the same reasons (eg: dior, tsubi, nudie).

Two - both companies still manufacture limited edition or low-distribution pieces that only go to a small number of retailers and almost always sell out and which you will pretty much never see overstock-y places like loehmanns, rack, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just got some sling and stones off revolveclothing.com I got the Samual selvage in natural. They are great. But I sized up one from what I wear in Nudie and Dior because somebody recomended me to and they are a little looser than what I want so I think I'm going to hot soak them.