sling&stones jeans

Egpt

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vuong-

our cheapest jean is 260: it is a dry organic supima non selvage our most expensive pair is 350 which is a dry organic supima selvage dyed with veggie indigo

and we also made a veggie indigo overall which is going for 550 (no one will ever buy it so i thought it would be cool just to make a selvage overall in veggie dye...assuming i would be the first and making me o.g.)

annacobra-

bread and butter was pretty crazy, we were in ka128 which was slow, but surprisingly we were one of the busiest brands. we are definitely growing faster than expected with some really enthusiastic buyers wanting the gear and believing in our product and what we stand for, i.e. social and ecological consciousness.

and supima is actually a registered pima cotton, a lot of clothing companies were slapping on made by pima cotton on their t shirts and charging an extra 10 percent and it wasn't actually pima at all. so the american cotton council started an organization called Supima which certifies farms on the growth of pima cotton, which ensures the consumer that they are actually purchasing real authentic pima.

• 1 month later...

^^^ is she paying for them herself ? if not tell her stfu and that she'll get them when she gets them ..

BE A MAN DAMMIT !!

lmao sorry .. women drive me nuts sometimes ..

that is YOUR woman though - my woman got Edwin 505's then she's gotta buy her own

hey all-

thanks adsurgo for bringing back this thread ;) . .

ishboo, i will post up some pictures this weds on our cuts and fabrics for you guys to see..

egpt, if your girl is ever in germany, austria, and swiss we are in some really good stores over there. Donnas, quartier206, nitsche stevens... a bunch other, we are working on some stores right now for london and paris and also a few stores in italy.. i'll post them up as soon as they finalize their orders. the rachels in the selvage is pretty legit. . .

believe me, I want to back a local brand, but...

why bother bringing this back?

in the end these jeans turned out to be extremely overpriced with nice but extraneous details like 24k gold rivets and veggie indigo, while ignoring the major features. the outward-slanted pockets are a horrible look for a men's denim, goatse anyone? At the price point they want, apparently their competition is 45rpm. i know who wins that head-to-head contest.

as far as the "superfuture" denim, very few people really want to put together a jean by hand, even here, because the actual construction of the jean (the stitching, etc) matters a lot.

women's jeans are nice, from the pics shown, at least.

...but if I spend $350 on a single pair of jeans, them shits have better have 24k gold on them

haha, i'm with you on that one.

artificialsky: what's it matter if we talk about the brand? i don't think anybody is suggesting we restart the SF jean thing, i'm just curious to see some of the cuts, since i've only ever seen one pair from the brand. my apologies if that pisses you off.

heres a picture of the daniel in the veggie dye. excuse the captions but i was trying to entertain my friends on myspace..

http://myspace-515.vo.llnwd.net/01160/51/59/1160669515_l.jpg

as for the sf denim, we aren't doing that anymore, we are just including yardage for the people from sf that wanted to buy a pair of jeans from us for pre release, so you could do whatever you want with it.. make a sf flag, selvage underwear, selvage socks, selvage bra . . in any case, the website will be up soon, we are doing a revamp of it for to get ready for our next show. i'll let you all know

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just bought my brand new Sling and Stones Daniel fit a couple weeks ago in Natural Indigo through presale here in Seattle...and i must say, i've tried on alot of jeans and this is coming to be my favorite...feels amazing.

1562382796_l.jpg1562384271_l.jpg1562384602_l.jpg

tell me what you guys think?!

*sorry about the poor quality pics...only had a cell phone around

We got both cuts in a variety of denims and washes here at Self Edge for women and they look AMAZING... the natural veggie indigo japanese selvedge ones are one of the nicest pairs of denim i've ever seen for women.

Glad to see a company step up and make some next level denim for women, it still saddens me to see that labels that we carry such as Sugarcane and Iron Heart use Non-selvedge denim ONLY for their women's cuts.

Sling & Stone seriously gets big points from me in that regard.