where to get japanese students male uniform " gakuran""in new york??

cicitony

chinatown... strangely.

Well... it's that way in L.A. at least. I also find 'em over at garment districts... but once again that's in L.A.

Edited by masuerte on May 31, 2006 at 01:46 AM

Quote: chinatown... strangely.

Well... it's that way in L.A.

I have seen a few stores (I know of one particular Anime one) carrying them in Tokyotown in L.A. too; mind you they were f'ing expensive. I think $120 for the jacket/pants, which seemed to be alot for the quality. Just look online, I am sure you can find alot on there.

For instance (friggin' expensive) : http://japan-cc.com/gakusei.htm

Also, I know it may seem like a longshot, but try calling a few military surpluses; I know of a couple in L.A. that carry obscure school/work uniforms.......

I would recommend pm'ing xcoldricex and asking if he can get you one as he is already in Japan. I can guarantee it will save you money that way, and he is extremely helpful....

Edited by englandmj7 on May 31, 2006 at 12:19 PM

100-170 doesn't seem so much for a whole suit...

100-170 is pretty f*cking cheap for something like that...

if you got the money... http://www.shanghaitang.com/shanghaitang/product.jsp?pos=9&catID=2&subcatID=4 its $545... pretty comfortable...

ShanghaiTang got some linen versions of the jacket for the summer...

Why would a chinese company got a jacket like that? because that jacket style is originally chinese... duhhh

Edited by lestat on Jun 2, 2006 at 07:10 AM

Wikipedia:

Quote: The Gakuran is derived from Prussian army uniforms. Such clothing are also worn by school children in South Korea and pre-1949 China.

Nice try though........

And before you say anything, this sentence means they are worn in China and Korea as well as Japan, but were originally developed in Prussia...........