raw dior denim

after a good bit of debating with myself, i think ive decided upon investing in a pair of raw diors. the fit seems tapered just about right, as opposed to the antifit that companies seem to be acheiving, whether intentional or not. i tried em on, and theyre slim all the way down, but not too tight in the wrong places. and the super long length is always killer.

does anyone have any experience with the denim? is it worth the price? the raw ones i was looking at were $260 or so. seemed like a reasonable price compared to some of the $600+ washes. i just want to be sure im not just paying for my appeal to the name. the cut its definitely one of the best ive tried, but id like some input before dropping the money.

if anyone has any info, opinions, pics, etc, id much appreciate it. thanks all.

BALDERDASH.

I have two pairs of Dior Homme raw jeans. A pair of Italian made 21cm raw indigo jeans, which you can see pictures of here:

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=10591&start=1

And I have a pair of Japanese made 21cm raw black jeans that I'm currently beasting over. The fit is just amazing and I would definitely recommend them. They aren't selvedge but the denim quality is top notch. The Japanese made have a slight advantage as far as I'm concerned.

Check the inside tag.

Selling A.P.C. Hipster sz27. Check the link:

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=11447

http://www.tragicbliss.com

I have the opposite of what Tragic has... Japanese blue raw and Italian black raw, both 21cm. Honestly, of all the jeans I have, the DH fit me the best, hands down. Selvage and all the good repro stuff aside, the fit of the Diors are perfect for me. If it helps any, I'm 5'10", 165lbs, and wear a 30" in raw and 32" in washed.

So in short, I highly recommend them.

Just got the last pair of size 34 at the Saks Fifth store in San Francisco. I must say, I've never really seen jeans this beautiful. I think it truly outdoes a lot of Japanese brands and certainly outdoes every euro brand denim. It fits really great. It's slim without being TOO slim. And it feels great! But I did have it altered to better fit my 5'7 frame.

Quote:

Not to hijack this thread, but how does the sizing run on raw Dior jeans? I am a 27 in Julian Red and Nudie...what would be a good size for me?

--- Original message by Anguished Irony on May 29, 2006 08:35 PM

dior sizing varies from season to season and model to model... generally they run true to size but you might want to size up or down depending on how you want them to fit.

I have some sz 28 "NOSTALGY BRUT DENIM CM19 JEANS" in my cart at www.luisaviaroma.com. These are the F/W 06/07 joints...but they don't have any 27s! Not sure if these will fit...I am 5'6" and 110 lbs. Anybody know the sizing for the new collection? Also, what does Nostalgy mean? They have three types of raw denim, this Nostalgy Brut 19cm which is in black and blue, Brut 19cm which is in only black, and Brut 21cm in darke blue...

Quote:

I have some sz 28 "NOSTALGY BRUT DENIM CM19 JEANS" in my cart at www.luisaviaroma.com. These are the F/W 06/07 joints...but they don't have any 27s! Not sure if these will fit...I am 5'6" and 110 lbs. Anybody know the sizing for the new collection? Also, what does Nostalgy mean? They have three types of raw denim, this Nostalgy Brut 19cm which is in black and blue, Brut 19cm which is in only black, and Brut 21cm in darke blue...

--- Original message by Anguished Irony on May 30, 2006 01:51 PM

I just bought those. Hope it'll be good!

Quote:

yeah,thats about 7 and 8.4? ,19 and 21 cm . cm to inch is 2.5 right? 2.5cm/(Xcm)= xinches?

--- Original message by greentea on Jun 2, 2006 04:11 PM

Accroding to Google:

19 centimeters = 7.48031496 inches

21 centimeters = 8.26771654 inches

And I honestly think it's a matter of opinion on what looks good on who. If you can, try a pair on. It's the only absolute way to decide which size and pair are best for you.

http://www.tragicbliss.com

just bought mine on saturday, and i love them. the fit is perfect, the long length is perfect, the rise is perfect...theyre EXACTLY what i was looking for. dont think theyll work with much other than slips, but i have no complaints...here they are:

wdywt1.jpg

i love em.

BALDERDASH.

Edited by 350poundhotcakes on Jun 6, 2006 at 07:39 PM

Quote:

Just a heads up on sizing. I had a pair of Italian made raw dior homme 21cm in a size 32 (my regular size). They stretched to a 34 or so, you might want to size down. Anybody else have a lot of stretch?

--- Original message by crisis on Jun 6, 2006 09:18 PM

I'll buy those off you if you're interested in selling.