Schott NYC ... Jeans?

blm14

I love schott. I believe they are credited with the modern leather motorcycle jacket design, and I own one of their reproduction 40oz wool USN peacoats. But I had no idea that they made jeans for the japanese market:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bas-clothing/c/0000001622/

3106012-1.jpg

3106012-2-pc1.jpg

3106012-3.jpg

Has anyone seen these in person? at 16oz they seem like a pretty good deal - cheaper than a pair of evisu no2.

I haven't seen these. Altho I don't think Schott get enough love around here.

If you can pick one up at decent prices, eg a biker store, they're amazing value. I particulalry like their Café racer, which I've seen going for good prices. I don't know if their modern leather is as good, but the ones I've seem from a few years ago, were all excellent - in the right design and cut, they match some of the Aero items in their no-nonsense feel.

Maybe we should keep this as an all-purpose Schott thread?

Great idea, I'm a huge fan of Schott. My vintage 602, Police issue Perfecto is my favourite item of clothing that I have ever owned.

Here are some comparison pics of a modern, made for the Japanese market, 602 in comparison to my vintage jacket.

Mine is made from thick, stiff steerhide, and has a talon zipper. I was fortunate enough to pick this up at a very good price last year, you can see where the Police badges have been unstitched from the upper sleeve. It was issued to the NYPD in the mid 70's according to Jason Schott, who regularly communicates with customers and collectors on the Schott website forum.

Modern

schott-r-police-7.jpg

schott-r-police-8.jpg

Vintage

cefa620c.jpg

fc8cb469.jpg

c4aa5f35.jpg

DSC06114.jpg

Hopefully this can turn into a schott thread. Anyone got a peacoat?

I've got 2, although one is a bit big (size 40) so I bought a 38 for a more fitted look. I really like them and think they're good value. Should sell the 40 really.

i've got a peacoat, it's fantastic. they do have long/tall sizes so for those who find the regular cut too roomy, you can always size down in the body but go for a tall size to get the proportions you want. customer service is second to none; i'd recommend ordering direct from schott even though you can get their peacoats cheaper on the bay...