mizanation

Double Volante

183 posts in this topic

due to popular demand, i have created this thread to show the available options for Kuniyoshi-san's Double Volante jeans. i will upload more options as they become available. to learn more about Kuniyoshi-san and Double Volante, please go here:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=149004

first, here are the available denim options.

he has four basic denim types available. he can special order other types of denim, but these are the four types that he always has in stock.

1) 15 oz., right hand twill, tight weave. this is his most popular denim. it has a tight weave that fades extremely well. the indigo is very dark.

DSCN4634.jpg

this pair has been worn for about 2 years.

DSCN4642.jpg

DSCN4647.jpg

DSCN4652.jpg

2) 14.75 oz., right hand twill, loose weave. this denim has a looser weave and is slightly "rougher" looking. it has more pronounced vertical falling lines once faded.

DSCN4643.jpg

this pair has been worn about a year and a half.

DSCN4650.jpg

DSCN4651.jpg

3) 14.75 oz., left hand twill, regular weave. this denim is kuniyoshi-san's choice for left hand twill denim. it fades very well with the characteristic left hand twill haziness. it is also very comfortable.

DSCN4637.jpg

this pair has been worn for 2 and a half years.

DSCN4641.jpg

DSCN4648.jpg

DSCN4649.jpg

4) 21 oz., right hand twill, tight weave. this is the heavyweight king of denim. it is extreme in every sense--the denim is heavy, the indigo is very dark and the weave is tight. still, it is not too stiff to allow for comfort.

DSCN4636.jpg

this pair has been worn for about 1 year.

DSCN4645.jpg

DSCN4646.jpg

DSCN4656.jpg

One hell of a post. All of these examples look stunning. Double Volante is on my radar.

Thanks for the thread miz....Just wondering, was the denim that you chose for your pair in the original thread any of the above 4?

Awesome. I miss your detailed and well thought posts.

Looking forward to future updates with the available cuts and options (lined pockets, suspender buttons, etc)!

Great thread miz!

I love my pair 21oz. Just like you stated, the denim is very dark and rigid but yet soft and comfortable.

I´m eying the 15 oz and I might pick up a pair in spring...

Would rep and big kudos for this thread! It´s a brand that´s not known by every denimnerd out there yet but will be in the near future.

What´s good miz?

thanks for putting this up miz. it will surely be helpful to anyone interested in ordering a pair in future (inclusive of myself). it would be great if there was also indication of cuts available as well.

This is truly awesome (and overdue). I don't think I've seen any other make of jeans with such fine examples of their denim worn in. That 15oz and LHT denim looks amazing, grail status material.

Thanks again, miz, for sharing the wonders of Kuniyoshi-san's craft.

Sick stuff, looking forward to seeing more pairs of custom made jeans

Good to see that this finally came up. I would rep you for the effort, Miz, although I must spread first.

Nice denims, and the evolution pics are a tasty extra.

Thanks for the thread miz....Just wondering, was the denim that you chose for your pair in the original thread any of the above 4?

hey aho,

the denim i used for my original pair is the tight weave, right hand twill.

button, rivet, zipper and leather patch pics on the way.

^Thanks...I'd love to see the evo on your pair if you get a chance as well! A pair of DV's is on my "next to buy" list...Despite originally planning to wait it out till I fly out to Okinawa and get a pair in person...gah!

Great thread! Was wondering when an official thread was going to be made. When the 811 contest is over, I planned on wearing my Porky's next, but those color on the 15oz RHT is too nice. Looks like my '66 DV's are getting priority.

hey aho,

the denim i used for my original pair is the tight weave, right hand twill.

button, rivet, zipper and leather patch pics on the way.

I was wondering the same thing. Awesome!

I'm loving my 15oz RHT, and after seeing those evo pics I'm going to wear them more and hopefully post some evo pics here. The denim is really amazing and like everyone said the attention to detail is superb.

Mizanation.

Ryan,

read all the original thread yesterday in one time.

fantastic. amazing.

the first pages with all these pictures are legend.

thanks Ryan. and Kuniyoshi-san of course.

will order one very soon.

so much options possible!

^ Please do!

I'd love to see more pairs. Have only seen a couple thus far.

Miz - can we get some shots of your original pair from the original So, I'm having a pair of jeans made thread?

It's been a couple years now, no? I'm sure they're epic.

for those who have bought jeans recently, does he do custom sizes or use the prebuilt 47, 66 and 19cm cuts?

i think i know what youre trying to get at, however you probably phrased it wrong...

but to answer it straight up, yeah, there is no one size fits all

to answer it by assuming what i think you meant to say, he has templates for those cuts that he goes by and if you want it adjusted i'm sure he will do it for you

K-san has a few different cuts available. Obviously you'd pick your cut, then you'd pick the size you want. He will also take your measurements to make sure you're getting the right size, and perhaps, adjust just a touch.