ande whall contest thread

aleopold

robotbox - DOPE logo man.

I'm all for that patch, if Ande stays with the Ande's World Rodeo Lee inspired theme.

You should email that to him as it could get lost in these pages if he dont check the thread soon enough.

Also..... I really think, if possible, we should jump on that denim choice #2 before its all gone.

Anybody else share this sentiment?

i agree with jumping on the denim before its gone 100%

i am also into the logo on the patch think its a nice touch

I think the evo on the SC patch is awesome.

Ande was the one that suggested the hide patch, thus that would make it an Ande Whall design. He also designed the rivet, x tack, tab, choices of denim etc so what are you talking about 'kind of getting away from a pair of Ande Whall jeans'? All he has done is asked for our input, ultimately it will be him that makes the decision. This is a contest jean, it needs to be set apart from the regular AW jean.

I guess you are right

Hey guys, I spoke to Ande via pm. I don't think he'd mind me sharing the following..

Good news!

He said that it takes 100 m of selvage denim roll to make 30 pairs.

There is approximately 300 m left of the denim swatch # 2 so he said he could reserve the 100 m necessary for us to have 30 pairs made!

That means, all 30 contestants should be able to be a part of this!

I'm not quite sure its set in stone that he's going with denim choice # 2, but it sounds like its a good possibility.

Just wanted to let the Ande Whall contestant collective know what's up.

Sit tight, things are about to get REAL.

i think its inaccurate. knock off normally suggests low quality, like knock off gucci purses in china town. Hes doing a tribute, taking the feeling of lee, and making the quality on a whole new level. I would say thats not a knock off at all.

Its like how kobe drives down the lane with his tongue out just like MJ. A tribute, in respect, not a knockoff.

I like the patch.

it sounds like all of us want a simple patch.

so, why we don't walk with something like this?

5403488205_19b88e281b.jpg

it's pretty simple, made by ande and would look cool on a leather patch and even more cooler on a hairy patch (in my eyes).

not the greatest photoshoper, but i think you got an idea.

it sounds like all of us want a simple patch.

so, why we don't walk with something like this?

5403488205_19b88e281b.jpg

it's pretty simple, made by ande and would look cool on a leather patch and even more cooler on a hairy patch (in my eyes).

not the greatest photoshoper, but i think you got an idea.

I don't like that. The blocks are way too big.

The flying jeans logo would be dope. Maybe not the super intricate one with 2 pairs and a bunch of text, but just a simpler flying jeans. Always have loved that logo.

I've always loved the flying jean logo too.

That, with AW next to it, or even just by itself, would look dope.

That said, I'll be happy with whatever Ande chooses. I do know that if he goes with the hair-on-hide patch, he did say the patch would have to be simple, for it to work. flying jeans logo wouldn't work on a hair-on-hide patch, unfortunately.

is this what people usually do in contest threads? everyone seems to be trying to design the jeans for the designer? i know everyone's anxious, i guess, but some of this stuff is just fugly. the list of people is barely even set. why not let the guy do his thing and chill? if there's anyone that knows how to tastefully incorporate older design techniques into modern jeans, it's him.

is this what people usually do in contest threads? everyone seems to be trying to design the jeans for the designer? i know everyone's anxious, i guess, but some of this stuff is just fugly. the list of people is barely even set. why not let the guy do his thing and chill? if there's anyone that knows how to tastefully incorporate older design techniques into modern jeans, it's him.

TRUTH.

The list is actually pretty much set. We had 30 confirmed, one person has dropped now though. I think I'm going to wait until more info is confirmed before filling that one spot though.

Hi guys. I have ordered the denim, enough for 30 pairs.

I was thinking something nice and simple for the patch. The guy thats doing the patches has found some heavy ounce hair on hide.

andesxxx.jpg