ande whall contest thread

aleopold

one more time...

patchdesigns.jpg

Check the flying jeans on the left.

Now check the flying jeans on the right, with evo!

if we can work this into the patch, and number it(which should be relatively easy to press), I think it would look awesome.

Ande mentioned something about having a pair, maybe the pair on the right, being lasso'd? That would work also.

I think the hair on hide is a little much. The evo on that "Aloha" patch is kinda crap, especilly when compared to a traditional leather patch.

I think we should not get out of control with details. Seems to me like people are wanting these details "just because we can" instead of keeping it simple and having a badass pair of Ande Whalls with the 1 of a kind denim. Kind of getting away from what a pair of Ande Whall jeans is in the first place.

Are we set on the two different pock stitchings (X stitch and rivet)? I like the idea of the X stitch and the rivet, but not at the same time. Why not choose one or the other?

Well, Ande is the one that suggested the hair-on-hide patch. Not any of the participants.

and I HOPE we do the X-stitch, plus rivet. Why have both and not choose one? I think it makes for a unique touch, and isn't your typical back pocket look. Secondly, Ande came up with it. Not one of us.

It's Ande Whall that is suggesting these things, so I don't know how it can be getting away from an Ande Whall design.

And that's the thing, if you re-read the last 9 pages, NOT everyone is going to agree. Deal with it.

I do deal with it hence the reason why I apologized for coming off as a dick

I think the hair on hide is a little much. The evo on that "Aloha" patch is kinda crap, especilly when compared to a traditional leather patch.

I think we should not get out of control with details. Seems to me like people are wanting these details "just because we can" instead of keeping it simple and having a badass pair of Ande Whalls with the 1 of a kind denim. Kind of getting away from what a pair of Ande Whall jeans is in the first place.

Are we set on the two different pock stitchings (X stitch and rivet)? I like the idea of the X stitch and the rivet, but not at the same time. Why not choose one or the other?

I think the evo on the SC patch is awesome.

Ande was the one that suggested the hide patch, thus that would make it an Ande Whall design. He also designed the rivet, x tack, tab, choices of denim etc so what are you talking about 'kind of getting away from a pair of Ande Whall jeans'? All he has done is asked for our input, ultimately it will be him that makes the decision. This is a contest jean, it needs to be set apart from the regular AW jean.

Just to switch it up from the patch discussion for a bit, have people already decided (assuming you are in the contest) what cut they are going to get?

I'm can't decide if another pair of slackers is in order, or if I should switch it up...

Just to switch it up from the patch discussion for a bit, have people already decided (assuming you are in the contest) what cut they are going to get?

I'm can't decide if another pair of slackers is in order, or if I should switch it up...

I'm on the same boat with you man. Deciding between Grifters or Slackers.. yes they're basically the same but still, it matters to me :)

What exactly is the difference between the slacker and the grifter? I think I've decided on the grifter bc I think the cougars will be to roomy but I really can't decide. It's either 33 cougar or 34 grifter.

Do we have the option of hemming or is that on our hands?

What exactly is the difference between the slacker and the grifter? I think I've decided on the grifter bc I think the cougars will be to roomy but I really can't decide. It's either 33 cougar or 34 grifter.

Do we have the option of hemming or is that on our hands?

As far as I can tell the slacker has a little looser top block... that's about it. I'm thinking about the cougars just so I get something a little roomier.

not to be rude, but I know how to navigate Ande's website, thanks :rolleyes:

I'm just asking because according to the size chart, they're really not that different aside from .5 rise and .2 thigh... which doesn't seem like that much, but then why have both cuts?

Not many people have posted both cuts in the same size so it's hard to make a comparison

itschrisb, Ande is pretty spot-on when it comes to measurements, so yes.

lol.....maaaan.

I wasn't even posting that for you, blackmaged. I thought it would be nice to have the different sizes in this thread easily accessible so we can talk about the different cuts while looking at them.

and to answer your question, as to why have two different cuts "if the rise is only .3" difference" If you happened to look at the rest of the measurements, you would see that the rise isn't the only difference, thus the need for different cuts.

I swear it doesn't matter what a person does, there's always somebody waiting in the wings to criticize...

funny type dudes.

Hi fellas. Don't want any arguments going down. These were just ideas thrown into the ring. Not really into the world rodeo bit on that patch mock up, was just a quick thought. It may be better to just stay simple like a Lee patch. Hair on hide is awesome I think, once the brand is made it can be trialled on russet or hair on hide I guess. But if it was definitely going on hairy hide the design has to be simple to get a good clean brand, so any super detailed flying jeans and numbers etc wouldn't work.

The sample #1 denim is all sold out, slept on that one. There is still stocks of the #2 swatch.

if we are pushing for a Lee details, ie. Hair on Hide, X-bartacks, etc, We are sort of missing out on the MOST important detail.... LHT denim?!

Do u have any LHT swatchs ande?

Grifters are simply the best slim cuts! I have 4 pairs of Grifters... They just have the perfect balance!

It seems a lot of people liked that #2 denim, so maybe we should jump on it before it's too late.

I'm probably going cougar. I'm worried my ass would be too big for grifters and I don't like the look of slackers (to me it looks like people are wearing a diaper).

Slackers only look like that if you sag them. They are basically just Grifters with a higher rise. So you can either sag them or pull them up and have a slightly higher rise. If you have bigger/muscular legs and butt and still want a slim fit, the slacker fits perfect.

My first pair of Ande's were Grifters, and while I loved them, I always felt like they were gonna fall down due to the low rise. Now I wear slackers, same fit, but they make it over my ass.

I'm gonna give Cougars a try this time. The way I'm built, Grifters and Slacker look almost like Rakers on a skinnier person. I'm looking forward to a little more room in the top block.

What I can't decide on is inseam....

PS - We've hit 30 people! Don't get too bummed if you aren't on the list, as some people may still flake. I'll post the list on here in a bit. But FYI, if you were waiting for details before committing (only a few people) you don't have a spot at the moment. Sorry!

robotbox - DOPE logo man.

I'm all for that patch, if Ande stays with the Ande's World Rodeo Lee inspired theme.

You should email that to him as it could get lost in these pages if he dont check the thread soon enough.

Also..... I really think, if possible, we should jump on that denim choice #2 before its all gone.

Anybody else share this sentiment?