Recommend a good tailor in NYC.

MikeN

Just go to 45rpm (uptown or downtown). Its 10 bucks for a chainstich. I think AG in Soho will also chainstich, although they didn't know what a chainstich was when I asked.

If your E. Sewn are distressed bring them to "An Earnest Cut and Sewn" and they will reattach the original hem after they alter it.

on 14th street between 8th and 9th avenue there are some REALLY good tailors called something like campos & campos. they are quite expensive though. i paid 30 bucks to get my earnest sewns hemmed.

look through my blackened eyes and you'll see ten thousand lies

Quote:

Just go to 45rpm (uptown or downtown). Its 10 bucks for a chainstich. I think AG in Soho will also chainstich, although they didn't know what a chainstich was when I asked.

If your E. Sewn are distressed bring them to "An Earnest Cut and Sewn" and they will reattach the original hem after they alter it.

--- Original message by Roland on May 18, 2006 08:46 AM

Is An Earnest Cut and Sewn the name of the store? I've actually only been to the showroom. Thanks.

Does anyone know where I can get a navy blazer and wool coat tailored? To be more specific, I need everything from the shoulders/waist to sleeves taken in. I realize that just buying new ones that fit might be a financially smarter option, but I really like the fabric/color of both and would prefer to work with what I have.

Anyone have NYC tailor experiences outside of denim?

So I brought my Earnest Sewn's and my APC's to Earnest Sewn in the meatpacking district, and they would only hem my ES's. $18 and they will be ready on Wednesday. I asked for a suggestion on where to bring my APC's and they suggested some place on Mulberry between Prince and Spring. They are the 2nd people to recommend that place, so I'm going to go check it out tomorrow and get my APC's hemmed. Now the last matter at hand is the hole in the crotch of my Nudies. Think I can bring those to any old laundomat?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
So I brought my Earnest Sewn's and my APC's to Earnest Sewn in the meatpacking district, and they would only hem my ES's. $18 and they will be ready on Wednesday. I asked for a suggestion on where to bring my APC's and they suggested some place on Mulberry between Prince and Spring. They are the 2nd people to recommend that place, so I'm going to go check it out tomorrow and get my APC's hemmed. Now the last matter at hand is the hole in the crotch of my Nudies. Think I can bring those to any old laundomat?

bump any ideas for the hole in the crotch? My nudies are suffering too.

I brought em to Ramons for that too. I don't even remember what they charged me because it was a while ago already. But it came out fine, but they used a noticably different thread color, so when I got home I colored in the threads with a black sharpie, and it looks good as new!

• 3 weeks later...
Just to update information

Yesterday i went to 45 RPM to get my APC hem. They said they would charge for $20 not $10. Moreover it would takes around 1 or 2 week. for me i can''t wait that long just wanna wear them asap. hehe

Why didn't you just ask APC? They handle hemming for their jeans if you ask them when you purchase.

Why didn't you just ask APC? They handle hemming for their jeans if you ask them when you purchase.

do they charge extra for this, and will they have it done that day? i'm going up for saturday night into sunday and would like to be able to take them home with me, and given i usually need around a 31" inseam, i think the 36" would be just a little too much, unless of course i'm mistaken on the fact that the height on all APC's is the same

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

bump an old one

i'm tryin to get a pair hemmed in new york tomorrow, but both BiG's and 45rpm's tailors aren't gonna be in until Monday.

So how have people's experience with chainstitching at Ramon or Stanton tailors? or any others in new york that offer it. thanks