josh mullen

Nicolas Cage: To Love or Hate?

Nick Cage -- A truly divisive pop culture figure. I invite you to offer your opinions on both the high and low points of his career, as well as those concerning some of the questionable professional decisions he's made.

oh no not the bees

Raising Arizona is great, Kick Ass is great, Lord of War is great.

But.... he makes tons of terrrrible movies: Gone in 60 seconds, Ghostrider, National Treasure where he figures out some Da Vinci code or sees the future...

only movie I've ever liked was raising arizona

also:

xP1-oquwoL8

the good: lord of war, raising arizona, wild at heart, leaving las vegas, matchstick men, bad lieutenant, kick ass, adaptation, weather man, bringing out the dead

the bad: well, basically everything else.

all of the best moments in the above video are from 1993's "deadfall," a film written by cage's brother. if you haven't seen it, and i assume you haven't, do. it's epically bad, but as funny a thing as you'll ever see.

nicolas cage is awesome

you guys are missing The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call and The Rock

face-off is the only movie with him i can enjoy. ghostrider has to be one of my least favorites.

See, I think Face Off is a perfect example of why Nicky sucks... John Travolta was significantly better as the bad guy and the good guy.

his entire career was redeemed with Bad Lieutenant

i guess i just liked face-off i still don't really like nicolas cage, but i completely forgot he was in kick-ass. i don't read the comic but according to friends he played the character really well.

Everything about Nic Cage is amazing. This is my theory on Nic Cage: I think he is legitimately a good actor. But the thing is, he has a disorder where he can never say no. So when someone comes up to him with a good script, good supporting actors, and a good director, and asks him to star in a film, he says yes. And the movie is great. But at the same time, when someone comes up to him with pure shit, in his mind he realizes how shitty this is going to be but can't help but say yes. He then does the next best thing. He acts SO terribly that the terrible movie then becomes great due to his over-the-top hilarious acting. As a connoisseur of all things Cage, I have seen all of his movies and you guys are missing his absolutely best movie of all time: Valley Girl. If you haven't seen it, please do. Your life will be better.

Also, this is a great blog. It's photoshops of Nic Cage as everyone: http://niccageaseveryone.blogspot.com/

Bad Lieutenant was so fucking good, I think he has the opportunity having done it to reinvent himself as slightly more 'serious' actor and will hopefully take better roles, but who knows.

edit: frank said something similar, much better

him taking better roles probably not happening

MV5BMjIwNTM4Njg2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDQwMTAwNA@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

+ ghost rider sequel

Valley Girl Clips for everyone. Cause you need to experience this.

Trailer:

s56q8oY9xOo

Is this 3D?

No, but your face is.

OuZFR2ojZ0Y

Fuck off, for sure, like totally!

enKFThPEXNo

you guys are forgetting Vampire's Kiss

i can never hate the guy who was in Wild At Heart, Bad Lieutenant POCNO, Raising Arizona

many more misses than hits

but at the core, he's awesome

the world doesn't deserve him

fucking perfect. yes, many more misses, but when he's on it's classic. and yeah, i forgot to list 'vampire's kiss' and 'valley girl' among his best.

in my mind, Nicolas Cage = Con Air ... for better or worse

real talk though, I feel like all of his movies are entertaining as hell

the good: lord of war, raising arizona, wild at heart, leaving las vegas, matchstick men, bad lieutenant, kick ass, adaptation, weather man, bringing out the dead

the bad: well, basically everything else.

all of the best moments in the above video are from 1993's "deadfall," a film written by cage's brother. if you haven't seen it, and i assume you haven't, do. it's epically bad, but as funny a thing as you'll ever see.

Bad Lieutenant was great, going to watch the rest of this list, and all others posted, on the fence about valley girl.

Bad Lieutenant was great, going to watch the rest of this list, and all others posted, on the fence about valley girl.

About whether it's a great movie or the greatest, right?

Everything about Nic Cage is amazing. This is my theory on Nic Cage: I think he is legitimately a good actor. But the thing is, he has a disorder where he can never say no. So when someone comes up to him with a good script, good supporting actors, and a good director, and asks him to star in a film, he says yes. And the movie is great. But at the same time, when someone comes up to him with pure shit, in his mind he realizes how shitty this is going to be but can't help but say yes. He then does the next best thing. He acts SO terribly that the terrible movie then becomes great due to his over-the-top hilarious acting. As a connoisseur of all things Cage, I have seen all of his movies and you guys are missing his absolutely best movie of all time: Valley Girl. If you haven't seen it, please do. Your life will be better.

Also, this is a great blog. It's photoshops of Nic Cage as everyone: http://niccageaseveryone.blogspot.com/

Please tell me you've seen this

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1942044

Vampire's Kiss, Wild At Heart, Raising Arizona and Valley Girl pretty much entitle him to make whatever crappy movies he wants imo.

Lendo's argument is the very one i use when i hear someone criticizing cage. having done 'raising arizona', 'wild at heart', and 'adaptation' he's earned some serious fucking leeway. every few years he does something that makes you say, "fucking christ, why'd you choose that shit shingle 'bangkok dangerous' when you could have been doing something like this?"