can anyone tell me what t-shirt the guy wearin in this pic?

cicitony

Quote:

this shirt is exactly what you're all talking about - an advertisement. same as a supreme box, an aNYthing shirt, (insert logo tee here). this shirt is interesting as it plays with this idea of brand cool. these brands are at the head of the game because they understand it, using it to flip traditional advertising avenues, getting you to pay to wear their logo. none of these guys advertise in the magazines, they have you walking around doing it for them as they become the mag's substance and continue to go up up and over.

--- Original message by mlproject on May 15, 2006 09:59 PM

bullshit. im sorry but i dont think it is "playing with" any idea of brand cool. it is lazy,ugly, and it says nothing except maybe "i think im cooler than you"

i'm not a mod or a rocker. i'm a mocker.

join a cult. www.culturepopartgallery.com

Quote:
Quote:

this shirt is exactly what you're all talking about - an advertisement. same as a supreme box, an aNYthing shirt, (insert logo tee here). this shirt is interesting as it plays with this idea of brand cool. these brands are at the head of the game because they understand it, using it to flip traditional advertising avenues, getting you to pay to wear their logo. none of these guys advertise in the magazines, they have you walking around doing it for them as they become the mag's substance and continue to go up up and over.

bullshit. im sorry but i dont think it is "playing with" any idea of brand cool. it is lazy,ugly, and it says nothing except maybe "i think im cooler than you"

--- Original message by cultpop 0217 on May 16, 2006 02:28 PM

thanks for backing me up.

its totally saying "i'm cooler than you, buy my t-shirt that i put together quickly (aka lazily) and think it makes you cooler." marketing marketing marketing.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by cultpop 0217 on May 16, 2006 02:28 PM

thanks for backing me up.

its totally saying "i'm cooler than you, buy my t-shirt that i put together quickly (aka lazily) and think it makes you cooler." marketing marketing marketing.

--- Original message by mlproject on May 16, 2006 03:41 PM

i guess i misinterpreted your post then.

it seems we agree then.

either way that is among the worst t shirts ive ever seen.

i'm not a mod or a rocker. i'm a mocker.

join a cult. www.culturepopartgallery.com

yeah, i'm not saying its a well designed t-shirt or anything... looks like a benefit walk tee with all the sponsors on the back.

but the tee works for what the event was... anyway, i'm sure they're sittin pretty all teh way to the bank.

• 1 month later...

just to clear up rumors.. i was there on the grand opening..

the shirt was "limited" whatever that means..

there were probably about 100 made, anything on ebay at this point is fake unless it has a union tag attatched to it.

they sold out 2 days after it was released, but not many shoppers were entering union for this shirt so it wasn't really selling all that much.

there is no actual shirt tag where it would say washing instructions and such, persay. there is just an imprint on the inside of the neck that says "return of the mecca x" where x would be whatever size you got it in.

it never came out in black, or in japan, as some ebay sellers try to say it does.

it retailed for $34.

the date says 3-29-06. however, the grand re-opening was on the 3-31-06.

this shirt is boring and ugly.

but the supreme logo makes it look a lot better.

the ssur x union collabo tee is uglier than this.