my edwins.

will_i_am

i got 36 x 34. i probably should of gotten a 34 waist cause they are getting a little baggier than i like but atticclothing only had a 36 or a 32 soo yeah. i never soaked them, but i think they only shrink like 1-3 percent, probably not enough to shift wear marks. i wear them on my hips but it's getting loose without a belt, plus im dropping weight.

• 2 months later...

How do they fit? Are they another Levis-esque, baggy assed jean? I'm a 34 and I don't know if I should get a 34 or 36 waist in the Nashvilles.

-Jake

How do they fit? Are they another Levis-esque, baggy assed jean? I'm a 34 and I don't know if I should get a 34 or 36 waist in the Nashvilles.

-Jake

Yes they are. you should size down 2 or 3 for a snugger fit. I have a pair of 31's for sale right now in the market that will fit you nicely.

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/showthread.php?t=12279&highlight=edwin

Check em out

will-

I've been cheating on my edwin 505sxr's with my SC 47s... the fit is much nicer on me since I too had to size up a little bit (normally a 30, but I ended up with a 31 on the edwins b/c that's all that yoox had)

my edwins loosened up a lot after the first two washes. Now the ass is completely settled down and they look a bit better on me. Maybe I'll post pics later.

will-

I've been cheating on my edwin 505sxr's with my SC 47s... the fit is much nicer on me since I too had to size up a little bit (normally a 30, but I ended up with a 31 on the edwins b/c that's all that yoox had)

my edwins loosened up a lot after the first two washes. Now the ass is completely settled down and they look a bit better on me. Maybe I'll post pics later.

lol whore.

but yea definitely post pics. i wanna see how edwin indigo holds up after a wash

How does the Nashvilles denim compared to stuff like Studio dartisan, sugarcane et.....

I have a pair of Nashvilles and Greenvilles, and I believe it would be very hard to beat unless you spend big bucks on 45rpm or Evisus. From what other people say about their studio dartisan jeans, I would not be suprised if they used the same denim as Edwin.

I suppose I want to find out so i can stop the impuse to buy another pair of jeans ( SD 103)that everybody is raving about.

my edwins are very slubby, I think the vertical striations are going to be fantastic when I wash them. Not sure about the honey combs though, they are comming along pretty slow but I don't wear them as much as I should i guess. Too much denim, so little time.

Hey guys. First of all nice wear on those edwins will! For 5 Months they look pretty damn good!

Now a slightly off topic question:

I have some Ed47 Rainbow Selvedge jeans that i picked up earlier this year at Starcow in Paris. I heard on these forums that the Rainbows are inferior to the Nashvilles as far as denim quality because they use italian denim, but theres a stitched tag on the inside of the waist of mine saying "Japanese Denim". Whats the deal with that?

Before I knew as much about denim as I do now (thanks, mostly to this board) I received some bad advice on my Edwin Waynesvilles and Greenvilles (bought at the same time) and I threw them straight in the wash before I wore them - to get the shrinking out the way, so the shop assistant told me.

Anyway, I've kind of moved on to a wearing in a couple pair of Nudies and some Sugarcane 1947s (I'm intending to hold out for a year before those three beauties get washed), but is it worth going back to the Edwins? I mean, have I ruined them by throwing them straight in the machine? Can I get any natural wear into them now - honeycombs and the like? Or shall I just keep them for dossing round the house?

unless they're so badly damaged by one wash that they can't be worn ever again, your jeans are, i'm sure, fine. and i don't reckon edwin indigo is so bad that one wash would rip all of it off. just spray some starch lightly on to set the combs and hige and you can wear them in nicely.

It's more that the dry, raw look that I favour now has gone, leaving them a very deep blue. But I'll perservere, get some starch on them and get some wear into them. It's almost like they're getting a bit old hat over here in London, but I think they're very well-made as entry-level selvedge denim.

unless they're so badly damaged by one wash that they can't be worn ever again, your jeans are, i'm sure, fine. and i don't reckon edwin indigo is so bad that one wash would rip all of it off. just spray some starch lightly on to set the combs and hige and you can wear them in nicely.

So I've been starching the combs and whiskers of all the jeans in my collection over the past few days, doing the squats to makes those combs nice and deep. Maybe I'm getting paranoid but it seems to me that the combs seem kind of low – like, they're not exactly at the back of my knee, you know? And whey I do the squats and bends, etc, I make sure I don't pull the legs up and wear them exactly as I do normally.

mmmmmh dont do squat with edwin, i have been doing it with my nashville it stretch out alot. I went to the edwin shop today in Sydney. He told me to put in ice water, it will shrink 2 inchs and will tighten it again.

Also I saw this ED-47 34x32 for $99AUD. But thinking should i get it?! what do u guys think?

okay first off calm down you won't suffocate because your combs are too low. i do alot of squatting down too because stuff i want always seems to be at the lowest level of the bookshelf, and i just let the creases come. they'll always be lower than the back of your knee...in the same way as the front-of-knee fade is slightly below your kneecap.