The Great Roy World Tour

Medine

X-posted from the Edwin thread:

Edwin Heritage line

Son of a Stag now have some jeans from the new Edwin Heritage line. They're a tapered cut (roomy enough on the top block) using raw unsanforized 14 oz Nihon Menpu rainbow selvage denim ( a much thinner selvage line than their standard ED offerings), which may be the same as that used on the ROY world tour jeans. They have hidden back pocket rivets, hammered rivets elsewhere, donut fly buttons and nice thin arcs. They are made in Japan.

They felt substantial and more like the other high quality Japanese repros rather than most of Edwin's current range. Apparently the shop will soon be getting in some looser cut cinch-backs from the Heritage line too.

I'm glad Edwin have done this as they seemed to have slipped behind many of their competitors in the repro niche market. The only downside is the price - £320!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am still waiting on them. I have a feeling I won't get them until next week as I am out of town for this week.

• 2 weeks later...

These dudes arrived at the house a couple days ago.

roytour.jpg

These are another great creation from Roy. The duck patch is aging beautifully as well as the denim. It has some nice vertical striations going. I will get some close up pics of the denim soon, but today was beach day. When it reaches 90 degrees where I live it is time to head to Malibu.

Pics from the canyon.

029600x450.jpg

028600x450.jpg

027600x450.jpg

026600x450.jpg

The roys were lying in wait.

006600x450.jpg

008450x600.jpg

It was rather calm when we got to Zuma, but when we left it was a zoo.

022600x450.jpg

We wrapped up the day with a some hamburgers (I eat the grilled cheese cuz I am a sissy vegetarian) and some shakes from IN N OUT

030600x450.jpg

I think the Roys will join me in some gardening tomorrow. I need to rip out some Pumpkins vines that have become moldy.

Here I go and ding ya on some rep 'cause I thought you were posting your new Loffies sans ROYs on the other thread, when I should have recognized right off that they were other ROYs. I may have to give myself a voluntary suspension of my official He-Man ROY Spotters membership card.

Roy --- thanks for the kind words on the son. He gets most of his genes (jeans) from me. His attitude is all me.

Not much planned this month. I think a lot of beach action. I will be seeing shark night 3d this weekend. I live for that shit. I was like first in line for Driver Angry 3d. BTW. Happy birthday.

TVShooter. Yeah still veggie going on 12 yrs. I don't really have the taste for meat anymore and it is just too easy to be a veggie in california for me to go back.

Also, I think that large structure is pepperdine university, but not positive. I was thinking about going there for school, but the cost of living was just too crazy for me. Especially just to end up with some sissy lib arts degree after all was said and done.

There are a lot of huge houses in those hills. Every so often when the beach side malibu houses fall into the ocean I get a little warm fuzzy feeling.

Nothing much going on these days. Here are some pics of my work environment.

The legs and boots. The pants are looking great. I was kinda pushing the envelope with the faded denim at work. I get the impression that the only reason I am allowed to wear denim to work is because it is dark and not beat up. These ain't that beat up, but quite a bit lighter than what I usually wear to work.

20110901113616600x450kfxg.jpg

One of the units I designed. I work in the fiber optics industry. I design, build, and test fiber optic test equipment. Anyways,

20110901113653600x450.jpg

Half of my (the company's) calibration lab. I call it mine, cuz I run the joint.

20110901113724600x450.jpg

I have been working some 10 to 12 hour days lately so, I didn't feel like making dinner tonight. The family and I went to our favorite little mexican joint. This place has been opened since the mid 50s. It is some mexican food mixed with American food. Kinda like a southern rancher's type of cuisine.

20110901180237600x450.jpg

This be what I get when i am there. The giant burrito minus the meat and add jalapenos. I finish that baby and still manage to keep my figure :), although the bowels don't feel so great and the Mrs. doesn't like sleeping with me afterwords.

20110901182337600x450.jpg

Feeling pretty lucky to have this type of flexibility in my wardrobe. The only thing ROY needs to start making are some twill trousers.

009600x450.jpg

014600x450.jpg

Some close ups of these jeans.

013600x450.jpg

015600x450.jpg

017450x600.jpg

018600x450.jpg

019450x600.jpg

023600x450.jpg

My son took a picture of me taking a picture of him. Some how this picture has aged like hell over the past couple of days...

joaquinpics3resize.jpg

We did pay her to say that. :)

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. I haven't been doing much but working the past couple weeks.

Hopefully we can find something interesting to do this weekend.

BTW, thanks for the kind word shubharamani.

Alright this is my last weekend with these guys. I am waiting on some film to be developed from last weekend's jaunt, then I will update. And hopefully we can find something cool to do this weekend as well.

Once again, sorry for the boring leg.

Who do i send these off to next. Is it grooveholmes?