Steven Alan 60/40 type parka $150 L / XL

shoreman1782

Yo.

I picked up this SA parka from the online sample sale only to find it fits a little larger than I would prefer.

STYLE

It's a very pretty parka, styled in the manner of vintage Sierra Designs / Woolrich / LL Bean, but it's new, so you don't have to suffer with the aroma of dozens of trips to the local co-op by Aunt Granola and her german shepherd.

It's a crayola green tone in a cotton/poly blend meant to mimic the 60/40s of old. Many nice details including tough nylon web drawstrings and suede pulls. Beefy Conmar and Ideal zips (double zip at the front), and buttoned storm flap. Lined in a gray two tone poly wool blend, arms are lined in nylon to make it easy to get on. Drawstring at the interior waist, plenty of pockets, including a game/magazine pocket in the lower back. Raglan sleeves, with velcro tape at the cuff to tighten up in bad weather.

It's made in China and seems well put together. It would be a great fall/spring jacket, windproof and I would assume it's good in the rain, and it's warmer than unlined shells. Layer with a sweater and it would even be an OK winter piece, depending on where you live.

FIT

I estimate it fits like a true J. Crew large.

Armpit to armpit lying flat is about 24 or 24.5 inches. Seems the same front and back. It's lined so it's SLIGHTLY narrower than that indicates. It's a straight cut down from there--the width at the hem is about the same.

The overall length of the jacket from where the hood meets the neck/shoulder is about 29 inches.

The arm, measured shirtsleeve style from the center of the neck to the end of the cuff, is about 36 inches.

If you'd like more measurements, let me know. If all those dimensions were cut by an inch, I'd probably wear it a lot!

Some more pics

GkZVV.jpg

QTKcD.jpg

gRHmh.jpg

AOmlh.jpg

Price:

Looking for $150 shipped CONUS. The tag price is something ridiculous like $395. I paid $155. I WISH this fit me better as I would keep it and wear it and feel like I got a bargain.