IC: HOPE Stockholm parka "Archive" -- 50/L

shoreman1782

Seeing if people are interested in this parka/jacket. I keep trying to talk myself into it, but I think I'm just not Nordic enough.

It's from Swedish brand Hope, which makes basic but somewhat directional pieces. Not a lot of US stockists. This piece sold at Tres Bien Shop and I picked it up during their sale over the summer. It's just never found its way into my rotation (never worn, only tried on) and I have too many light-medium rain jackets at this point, so one's probably got to go.

The current Hope Archive coat sells for 3900sek, or about $580. Full disclosure: I got mine on sale at TBS for 166 euros (not including shipping), so about $240 shipped. The current version is waxed, note that the fabric on mine is treated and seems water resistant, but it's not waxed.

It's a pretty jacket, great grey-blue color, with an oversized hood that sits really well when the jacket is buttoned up. It has a hidden placket and brass-toned buttons on the front pockets. Black draw closures at the hood and waist. Neat details like tiny darts at the hem to keep the coat's shape. It fits slightly oversized and although I can wear it, it would look better on a dude taller than I am at 5'9" or so. It is finished nicely with a partial lining and taped seams. Made in Portugal.

If there's interest I can take more/better pictures and put a solid price on it. It will be a deal.

hgbV8.jpg

Bump with measurements

Shoulder to shoulder across the back: about 20 inches (maybe a tad less)

Chest (armpit to armpit, across front): About 25 inches (this seems a bit bigger than it is because there are insets at the underarms, but it's definitely intended to fit a little oversized

Length back of neck at base of hood to hem: 30 inches

Sleeve top of shoulder to sleeve end: about 25 inches