usa :: new york :: general

Analyst

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for good men jewelry stores in NY.

Anything from the likes of Margiela, Johannes Boehncke, Han Cholo, ToyMe, Mastermind Japan, Bittersweets type of stuff but for men, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, also much appreciated if anyone knows where to find these in NY: http://www.pietbreinholm.dk/

And extra golden points of thankfulness if anyone knows any Burberry outlet or store where they may have cheap /reduced trench coat for men.

THANKS.

Basically, I am an artist, I do want to be in a "hip" area.

trust me, williamsburg will be perfect for you - you will find many people who will share your exact same non-conformist attitude.

i am curious as to why proximity / ease of commute to your school did not enter into your search criteria - that and price are most normal people's starting points.

Woodbury commons has a burberry outlet store.

Those brands you mentioned have totally different aesthetics.

Barney's, IF, Atelier, Aloha rag, odin

for all of the shit that it gets, williamsburg is actually an OK neighborhood. i suspect that the sorry state of economy coupled with the fact that developers are having trouble filling the crapload of new apts/condos will bring the area's prices (somewhat) back to earth

im thinking of driving down to the city

if i were to go on a weekend, do you guys know of any covered parking lots that offer reasonable rates?

im thinking of driving down to the city

if i were to go on a weekend, do you guys know of any covered parking lots that offer reasonable rates?

Just park in front of Atelier and bring a car cover.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm fucking wired as fuck on NOS energy drink studying for an exam so I'll drop some serious knowledge.

Pod hotel has been a popular sufu option. I think they've hiked up the prices recently and it no longer appears to be a "budget" hotel.

Your best bet is hotwire or priceline "name your price."

The bottom line is that you choose an area in the city you feel like staying in and put the maximum price you would pay. The catch here is that you never know what hotel you will be assigned to.

e.g. midtown east and 150 per night

You are basically bidding for a hotel room.

May not sound like a great idea but I've stayed at 4 and 5 stars for like 125 per night during the off seasons.

There are several strategies to prevent yourself from getting fucked over.

http://www.betterbidding.com/

is one example. People post the results of priceline bidding (dates, area, $) so you can PREDICT exactly what you are gonna land on.

If you are using hotwire, you can predict which hotel you'll be staying at by looking at their amenities, star rating, and area.

On hotwire, raddison midtown east is a gem.

You usually get assigned this super-small one bed only POS room. BUT, they have a shit load of vacancies all the fucking time.

at the check in, you ask for a complimentary upgrade. Just say you got an upgrade before. This always fucking works.

I've stayed at their suite room (60 inch LCD, king size bed and all that bullshit) for like 100 per night.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got into nyc couple days ago from tokyo...will be spending about 2-3 weeks here doing basically nothing...

Nways, i'd like to ask for recommendations for cafes/coffee places where i can go for good coffee and maybe some cakes, and be able to stay and read/write for several hours without having the waiters/waitresses shoot eye darts at me. Ideally downtown locations...

Am planning to checkout Think Coffee.

Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I am coming to NYC on Nov 3-8 to look at photo schools, and I am hoping to get a lot of photos for my blog: 21arrondissement.com Would anyone be interested, you should PM me or email me! My email is [email protected] . I hope you guys are down, I know you all have a ton of steeze up your sleeve.

a.s.