dior homme vs apc

masterpp

hey guys i was in liberties london and i tried on some APC jeans, in a light faded blue wash. the jeans were very soft, have a generous rise and baggy thigh, but are nice and narrow around the ancle.

basically i think the shape and fit were perfect, as they were generous around the body but nice and tailored at the bottom.

however ive set my heart on a pair of dior hommes like these a>img10561935748.jpeg

i dont really know the name of the APC's i tried on, but they look, colour and wash wise, exactly like the diors in the picture.

given the choice, in terms of cut and quality, which jeans would you recommend, the APC's or the diors.

ta

A.P.C.'s are better. And I'm a fan of both, so I'm not biased. The washes from each company both look horribly fake though. And Dior over-does it like nobody else. Glitter and wax anyone?

Anyway, if you're gonna buy based on quality and price, go with the A.P.C.'s.

http://www.tragicbliss.com

Edited by TragicBliss on May 7, 2006 at 11:53 AM

its true actually.

i bourght them both (both returnable) and will put pictures of me in them on the site.

i like the diors. they are nowhere near as tight as i thought they would be. they were quite comfy and beggy around the crotch. however they are tight on the thigh and look like leggins down around the anckles. because i wear my diors a size up (they fall without a belt), they look a little top heavy and i think they are too narrow on thigh/leg

the apc's on the other hand are a great cut. loose and comfy, they have a gradual tapper down so look tailored. they may not make me look as rakkishly thin as the diors, or have as trendy a back pocket, but at the price i choose the apcs.

but will probs try and pick up some diors if they go on sale.

Therefor as an add in, does anyone know if harrods or selfirdges london have dior jeans summer sales- can you remember from last summer)

decided to keep the APC.

they are so much more comfortable, and in my opinion look better. i just think that the diors look top heavy, as they are so narrow at the bottom;

absolutely delighted with my new apc's, and like the fact that they are low key- no logo

• 1 month later...

Sorry to jump on your thread, but which has the lower rise, APC new standards or Dior 21s?

I assumed it was the Diors, but then I saw this, and it's put me right off them ...

too high!

0218.JPG

Edited by ally fu on Jun 16, 2006 at 05:31 PM

You can really tell how anti fit a jean can be when you look at the distance between the top seam and the yoke. Also, if the yoke has an angle the jeans will bow out at the hips and be anti fit. I like a pretty straight yoke like orange tab Levis with a lower front and back rise (like APC NS). But some of my favorite fitting jeans (2003 Levi's Red Billy Bob and Imperial Duke) have big back rises and big pockets. If it is done right, it works.

Carpe Denim! (not the jean brand silly!)

1123865699585_selvage_edited.JPG

they do look fucking high those diors. so what is higher, the diors or the apc. to be honest my washed/distressed apc new standards are the best fitting jean ive ever tried on. 110% ill admit im going after the diors for the branding.

so what are higher.

i own multiple pairs of both and they're a similar rise.

i like my diors better personally, and i like the quality of the denim more.

and they smell better.

seriously, dior denim has a smell to it when it's new and on a few pairs that smell has never gone away..

i know, weird.

www.turfsm.com Turf Shoes

I just got a pair of raw Diors in size 27 and the rise is 9" compared to a 9.5" rise on my size 25 APC NS.

Luisaviaroma always has horrible pictures. Its really hard to judge on how an item will fit by looking at their pictures.

Tragic, what sizes do you wear in new standards and 19 cm diors? I'm considering jumping on the dior bandwagon but I'm a bit unsure about the sizing... I wear a 30 ns but they are slightly baggy now after about 8 months.. I did some searching but I figured it would be better to ask someone who has both jeans..

Tragic, what sizes do you wear in new standards and 19 cm diors? I'm considering jumping on the dior bandwagon but I'm a bit unsure about the sizing... I wear a 30 ns but they are slightly baggy now after about 8 months.. I did some searching but I figured it would be better to ask someone who has both jeans..

I wear one size larger in Dior than I do in A.P.C. So if you think a 30 stretched out a little too much in A.P.C. then go with a 30 in Dior too, they should fit you a little snug at first, bu they'll be perfect a few weeks in.