What should go with skinny person??

cycdaniel

Hi !

I am planning to buy a pair of good denim

However, I am a very skinny guy

26" around waist icon_smile_blush.gif

I don't like slim cut and bot cut

I like straight or loose fit (just a little bit wider than straight leg)

Here is my pic

myselfintherestroom.jpg

the jeans I am wearing is Chevignon Concept

28x31, Low rise

you guys have any suggestions for me?

Thank you so much !!

Edited by cycdaniel on Apr 29, 2006 at 01:22 PM

Edited by cycdaniel on Apr 29, 2006 at 05:33 PM

You should go for a model that (or is based on) a Levis repro.

As always, I recommend the LVC raw 47, which is straight leg and all the other requirements you want. Alternatively, you could get an Edwin (a japanese brand) Nashville or Greenville.

It really depends on your budget

I have some Edwins in the classifieds section which you might like, which are 28 waist.

Of course, if you have the budget there are loads of Japanese brands you can find which would suit you, because the Japanese tend to have smaller frames than westerners.

Read up about selvedge etc and what makes a 'good' pair of jeans before you buy.

Thanks for your help

actually I don't like Edwin

How much is LVC raw 47?

Do you have any pics?

I was planning to buy A.P.C. & Evisu x Puma

For The APC new standard, the inseam is too long for me

and if I get it hemmed it won't look good

For the APC Straight Leg and the Evisu x puma, they don't have my size icon_smile_dissapprove.gif

if Evisu x puma has my size on their website I will probably go with that

anybody knows is there any website selling 30"x32"?

I really don't think a hemmed NS is gonna look bad. Its not like they are bootcut or anything. I assume you intend to oversize on them, because the NS isn't what I'd call loose.

Edited by PG2G on Apr 29, 2006 at 11:08 PM

If you're skinny stop wearing oversized t-shirts... that way you'll look bigger than you are. As it goes, I would agree with these guys. Go APC NS. Straight leg and you can get them slim or loose depending on what you like.

Agree with Thorns, oversized shirts only pronounce your skinniness to others by how ill fittting it looks on you. Your torso lends up ooking like a clothes hanger with a shirt dangling from it. Trust me I'm a skinny guy as well. Like the others have said get a pair of apc new standards and hem them. Hemming won't ruin them and it will remove the taper at the bottom of the jean making them look looser.

Is that t-shirt really kinda oversized??

I think it looks ok with that pair of jeans

anyway

There are 2 reasons that I don't want to get NS

The reason why I worry it won't look good is b/c

the original one looks like this:

|.../

|../

|.|

|.|

if I get it hemmed it will be like:

|.../

|../

|.|

so the thigh part will end up a little bit lower than my knees

The second reason is b/c I want a pair of jeans that can match with Converse and Nike AF1

the Nike AF1 is kinda big shoes(or should I not to wear that??) so that it looks good with straight leg jeans

Anybody knows how wide is the leg opening of NS??

if it is 17"~17.5" probably I will go with that

Edited by cycdaniel on Apr 30, 2006 at 06:49 PM

Yes, that black shirt hangs way below your waist and that sweater you have underneath is oversized. Look at the cuffs, they are dangling off of you wrists and the sleeves billow below your arms. The cuffs are there to hold the sleeve in place so it doesnt fall down when you lift your arms up, you shouldn't have to hold them up like you are doing... You don't have to buy a tight shirt just something your size and fitted.

i know you say you dont like slim jeans, but seriously man, with your build, you really should at least try some skinny jeans out. super skinny people have such an advantage people like myself, with a more athletic build and stupid muscular thighs from skiing...icon_smile_angry.gif

try out some NS or maybe cures in a smaller waist (apc runs super large). youll get used to the slim fit pretty quick, and with a few new shirts, youll pretty much look like the man.

BALDERDASH.

Cyc, make sure you don't take it like we're ragging on you about the oversized thing, its just that so many of us are skinny (I'm a 28 waist too) that we're trying to pass on what we can.

I hate big shoes. But again thats just sorta my style, I'm skinny so anything I wear thats wide looks disproportional on me. Go for the converse. IMO they'll look the best on you.

It took me a little while to get over the fact that I have to wear a size small t-shirt for it to fit properly. Once you buy one or two, you'll sit back and go "aaaaah this is what it feels like to have clothes that fit".

Finally don't worry so much about the hemming thing. Just try it. APCs become straight pretty quick so I don't think you'll have to worry about it.

Guest jeffvyain

The difference between buying clothes that fit and clothes that are way too big is essentially the different between looking like a man and looking like a boy. I suppose it's just up to you to decide what kind of image you want to portray. That doesn't mean, if you choose to look like a man, that you have to buy new standards, though that is certainly a valid and good option. It just means you should try buying clothes that frame your body, not drape over it.

Going to take a guess that you are in highschool and most people you hang around with are probably still into baggy hence his reluctance to go for fitted jeans(or it could just be his preference). I have a friend who used to think that by dressing up in baggy clothes he was cloaking his thinness. He only came around to wearing clothes that fit him up until a few years ago and can't stand to look at pics from his days of bagginess. If you don't come around now you will in time.

Sorry to break it to you but you will not find any high end loose/baggy denim in size 26(trust me it's hard finding any jean period even in a size 28). Size 26 is basically juniors size for guys and jean manufactures don't really make baggy jeans for ladies(at least that i know of). Maybe you can get some custom made jeans.

Speaking of baggy has any checked out the latest issue of hiphop lifestyle mag Complex(it's my brothers magazine btw)? They are pushing skinny legged denim now to the hiphop crowd.

Edited by marquischacha on May 1, 2006 at 01:07 AM

dont tell me you're one of those guys that is insecure about being too thin.

anyways, denimbirds and acne make "baggy" cuts for women, and so you could try that. or some acne mic, which, in my opinion, arent that slim.

Quote:

Going to take a guess that you are in highschool and most people you hang around with are probably still into baggy hence his reluctance to go for fitted jeans(or it could just be his preference). I have a friend who used to think that by dressing up in baggy clothes he was cloaking his thinness. He only came around to wearing clothes that fit him up until a few years ago and can't stand to look at pics from his days of bagginess. If you don't come around now you will in time.

Sorry to break it to you but you will not find any high end loose/baggy denim in size 26(trust me it's hard finding any jean period even in a size 28). Size 26 is basically juniors size for guys and jean manufactures don't really make baggy jeans for ladies(at least that i know of). Maybe you can get some custom made jeans.

Speaking of baggy has any checked out the latest issue of hiphop lifestyle mag Complex(it's my brothers magazine btw)? They are pushing skinny legged denim now to the hiphop crowd.

Edited by marquischacha on May 1, 2006 at 01:07 AM

--- Original message by marquischacha on May 1, 2006 12:56 AM

Thank you so much for you guys' help

You are exactly right

There are many baggy ppl around my school

and I took this pic in the school's restroom icon_smile_big.gif

I think there is one difference between me and them

they usually like to put the pants very down to make the rise so deep(and showing their underwear)

I am kinda oppsite

I like low rise so much

it can make my leg looks longer and taller

Usually slim cut is like there is so much room at the thigh part and so narrow at the lower leg

just like going this way:

|...||...|

|.../\...|

|../..\..|

||......||

||......||

low rise + straight leg is like the thigh part and the lower leg part have similar room

just like this:

|.../\...|

|../..\..|

|..|..|..|

|..|..|..|

|..|..|..|

(sorry, it is kinda confuse)

Anyway

After I have seen these pics from here:

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=10879

I think I will go for size 25 NS

seems like it fits my requirements

Edited by cycdaniel on May 1, 2006 at 09:29 PM

I think the jeans you have on in the pic are not bad.. as everyone else pointed out, its the top that makes things look off. If you do go slimmer with your jeans (which i agree you should), then id say itll be really important to get proper fitting tops to complete the look.

Also, based on what you say you want in jeans, nudie straight sven may be a good option, if you can find it in a 26. Also, look into the APC hipster.. its readily available in small sizes, has a low-rise (which you said you like), and its not tapered at all.. its basically a straight leg, but not a super wide straight leg.

low rise jeans will make you look like you have short legs(especially if you are already short) and a longer upper torso while regular rise skinny legged jeans will have the opposite effect. You should head on down with a friend when you go purchase your jeans and try on differnt styles and ask for thier opinion on how it looks. Also even if you stick to baggy jeans you should still get some shirts that fit you correctly.

Quote:

low rise jeans will make you look like you have short legs(especially if you are already short) and a longer upper torso while regular rise skinny legged jeans will have the opposite effect. You should head on down with a friend when you go purchase your jeans and try on differnt styles and ask for thier opinion on how it looks. Also even if you stick to baggy jeans you should still get some shirts that fit you correctly.

--- Original message by marquischacha on May 2, 2006 12:36 AM

um........

I think I will purchase the NS on the A.P.C. website b/c I don't think I can find that anywhere in my city.

I hope it will look good on me otherwise I have to return that.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:

Wait, you're going to go from wearing those mc hammer pants, to some really fairly slim apc's? What will your friends say about it?

--- Original message by AznInvazn on May 17, 2006 05:55 PM

I wouldnt call those jeans MC Hammer pants. Jeez.

Quote:

APC is great, but if you have the funds, and dont need to be an individual, a pair of acnes will do fine.

I am a W25L34 and a pair of 29 acne max blackness fit me great, not to slim, and not billowing sails. You can by them online and at barneys, and i believe at atrium, a store in soho

--- Original message by DrugsAreBadMkay on May 17, 2006 04:30 PM

acnes are not that popular especially in the u.s. i'd say a.p.c. is at least as popular.

i'm not a mod or a rocker. i'm a mocker.

join a cult. www.culturepopartgallery.com

You should by your APCs from denimbar, I believe he posts on here. I think he sells them for a fairly decent price also. Cheaper than the APC website... I believe. Free shipping also. I bought some SSDS from him. Very helpful.