couple of Evisu related questions

negrodamus2005

i just got a steal from the boutique i usually get my Evisus from. i paid only 60 after tax for these.couple of quick questions though

1.) these are Evisu 0331 jeans. the fit is loose, much like my 2 other Evisu pairs (which are 0001). is it odd that the belt tag allows you to slide a belt through so the belt wont cover the Godhead logo

2.) the Godhead logo doesnt have a No.2 stamp over it. is that normal? ive seen numerous 0331 pairs of Evisus on various authorized websites and they dont have the No. 2 stamp over the Godhead either.

3.) the inside of the jeans have a faked selvege (ribbon is sewn on the inner hem to give the appearance of selvege).has any of the lower level Evisu jeans had fake selvege?

4.) these Evisus have a "Made in China" tag located behind the "100% cotton" care instruction tag. also the serial number stamped on the inner back of the jeans. do fake Evisus have a serial number stamp somewhere in the jeans?

the quality seems top notch and the jeans have a cool "one-wash" effect. i just want some answers.many thanks in advance

and here's some pictures to help you decide

faux selvege

whz2qf.jpg

stamp

whz4eo.jpg

care tag

whz4us.jpg

jeans (the gulls on the back pockets have that slightly faded look, not as vivid as they appear in this pic)

whz5tc.jpg

Edited by negrodamus2005 on Apr 25, 2006 at 06:20 PM

aren't you on holla-front? lol.

i'll tell you tho, no evisus have fake selvedge, that's for sure. they either have selvedge or they don't. they would have no reason to sew in fake selvedge. as for the details like the serial numbers and tags.. just like bootleg LV bags and stuff.. of course they're gonna put in as many details as possible to make them seem real.

if you got those from the store where you git your previous evisu jeans, chances are your other evisu's are fake too.and for your information, lot 0331 are supposed to be a slim fit, not a looser fit

Stand tall or don't stand at all

Edited by Egpt on Apr 26, 2006 at 10:03 AM

^most def ill do authencity checks on my other two pairs.i can tell you that my others are

-lot 0001, blue daicock on back, non selvege

wirhpk.jpg

wirhv8.jpg

wiri0w.jpg

-lot 0001, Bishamonten on one pocket, Green Gull on other pocket, 5 button with the top button being a Gold plated Buddahead one

(pics coming soon)

Edited by negrodamus2005 on Apr 26, 2006 at 10:19 AM

Edited by negrodamus2005 on Apr 26, 2006 at 10:20 AM

If you can verify that these are fake evisu that you have bought from a boutique why would you not go back to the shop and demand your money back? Are you seriously gonna rip someone else off so you can buy more jeans and let this shop get away with ripping people off?

I know everyone is thinking "Duh, evisu at that price are obviuously fake but it is one thing to get ripped off from ebay it is an entirely different thing to get ripped off froma shop that is selling possibly real evisu along side fakes."

Although I do doubt the validity of this story and the "boutique" you shop at altogether. I would say chances are if this pair of evisu are fake all the evisu they sell are fake.

japanese denim has become a simulacra of americana. Initially being a faithful reporduction but becoming something else, independant from the original, a true reflection of postmodernity.

that diacock pair you posted is also fake.

the other pair you claim to have, and have not posted pics yet, is a limited edition pair which initially retailed for 500 dollars+(although u can find them much cheaper now cuz they didn't sell too well...for obvious reasons if you look at them lol), so i bet that pair is also fake. no shop that sells fakes would be able to get their hands on a pair of those from their "distributor".

if you think those are top quality, wait until you actually manage to get your hands on a real pair of evisu jeans lol.

but i highly doubt they are top quality...people who buy fake evisu know they are buying denim from a top brand, so they assume that is what top quality denim is supposed to look and feel like. kinda sad to tell the truth

Stand tall or don't stand at all

so fake Evisus come in a factory sealed plastic bag as well? i dont know because i have yet to see any fakes with all the correct tags. im thoroughly confused. this shop also has Evisu Eu-Ed jeans.. Also, some of the Evisu shirts and jeans ive seen in that store I have also seen on the Evisu website.

well needless to say I wont be purchasing anymore Evisu from that store.thanks for the authenticity check

^ tags and bags don't mean anything. any factory can make bags and tags. it only costs them a few cents and why not? slapping on a tag on a product makes it more realistic and bumps up the price a few notches. i've seen mad fake RMC and evisu jeans in china with tags and everything. like i told you on HF, if you like 'em whatever.. it's not a big deal. they're just jeans. but if you're gonna get evisu, don't just buy the name... make sure you're buying the quality behind it. and if you're tryin to pass off the jeans as real to some poor sap in school, he'll probably find out soon that they'll fake and come lookin' for you. lol.

yeah you're right Landy. Karma is crazy and i don't want to fraud someone like i got frauded. at least i know now what to look for when i look for Evisus

one more question: does Evisu actually make Pomograde jeans with the stitched on gulls on the back pockets? because i saw a pair at Man Alive (a clothing store in my local mall) and they wanted 235 for them, but i went to another store in a strip mall called Connection Wear and they wanted 105 for them.

i've seen some evisus with the logo stitched on. it sounds like the store you go to gets a whole bunch of wholesale crap from china. there's real akademiks and LRG stuff all over the streets here with jeans goin for $15 and LRG shirts goin for $6. they probably threw in a couple of fake evisus in there as well.

• 1 month later...