Rag & Bone Jeans

achong83

Bringing this back to life....

Recently got a pair of Rag & Bone selvedge - straight leg I believe. I got them off of a friend, brand new. I wear a sz. 32 waist and these are a 32/32, but the waist is tight - I cannot button top button.

Do these stretch quickly?

They are a great cut and don't want to pass these up.

But, if interested - PM me and I can maybe let these go.

t.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Sorry to revive this again, but I think there is more to be said. Was recently in SoHo shopping around for denim, and I ended up picking a pair of Rag & Bone skinnies in a dark gray wash.

I have to say, they're comfortable, and the fit is great (maybe I'll post photos), but whether that justifies the price I'm not sure. I opted for R&B over APC and ACNE. I wasn't ready to commit to the APCs and I had a feeling the fit would be horrible after a while (I wanted a skinny jean, and APC's 24s were loose on my legs to begin with). As for ACNE, I can say for sure I found the R&B to be of superior quality and I liked the fit and details much better.

R&B has a lot of great-looking washes compared to other brands. They do tend to indulge in a bit of faux distressing, including holes and rips that shouldn't appeal to many on here, but the ones I picked up go perfectly with my style. In fact I haven't had anyone comment on them yet, presumably because they look so similar to (lower end) pieces I already own. If it's really just a look you're going for, you might want to hit up some thrift stores and see what you can find. In fact, I ended up icking up another pair of barely used R&B for about 1/8 of the price at Housing Works a couple of blocks from the SoHo shop. Both pairs have held up perfectly, but it's only been a month.

I'm surprised there isn't more info on the brand here. I went for the pre-washed over the raw because of the fit, but I have yet to see how they will hold up over time. I'll treat them as tenderly as a pair of raw denim to be safe. Anyone else have some experience with R&B?