Nudie Regular Ralf Dry Selvedge or Straight Sven Dry Selvedge

Raw Selvedge

Besides the fit, are there any other differences between these? Is the denim used for them exactly the same? I'm not sure which ones I should get, I'm wearing Evisu Lot 0331 at the moment and I think they are a good fit. But I wouldn't mind a pair thats a little looser fit either. Any suggestions?

about the denim being the same, it depends. there's the SSLE with streaky denim, the SSDS with RRDS denim, and the SSDS with LE denim but no flag and whatnot. I have the latter, ssds streaky no flag. I don't know wich one is 'current', but I ordered them 2006 and that's what I got. I thought I was ordering a ssds with rrds denim but when I got them, they were streaky. so if it matters alot to you and you're ordering from somewhere online or something, be sure to check it out.

i have a rrds in 29/32 they are great jeans, the boot cut is very subtle to them, they are by no means a flared leg design but if you want a slimmer cut bottom to them they are not for you.. they are a lot like yoru standard gap jeans except that they are maybe a little slimmer in the thigh but not very much at all, enough so that they have a shape to them and not overly baggy or loose.

i just go the ssds in 29/32 in the streaky denim.. i got these because i wanted the same cut as the rrds but without the boot cut, i have these now and hav to break them in but from trying them on and measurin gthem the only difference is as follows in the rise on the ss is lower by 1/4 inch the waist measures 15 from side to side the rr measures 15.5 but that is bc that one is stretched out and used for 9 months... the ss the lower leg bc its not a bootcut is straight so it has a more classic silouett to it.. the thighs/seat feel exactly the same between the two jeans.

i tried the sizing down on the ssds like some suggested, but the 28/32 of the ssds the thighs and seat are noticieably thinner going down a size, meaning they are littery spray on and i can barely button them up and they are not comfortable at all.. i know that you want raw ds when you get it to be tight, and i interpret that as they are a little snug and the fabric touches your skin all over so to speak, but these 28s were tight in that there was a lot of compression not just snugness to it...its just something to keep in mind, if you get the rrds in one size in raw and you like it get the ssds raw in teh same size and it wil feel the same.

Edited by sbrguy on Apr 10, 2006 at 08:22 AM

The current ones are the ones without the flag, both in the streaky denim and the RRDS denim. I know a few people - who bought the limited edition version - who are pretty ticked off that it's available as standard now, and cheaper.

I'm partial to the Ralf, as that's what I have, and I like slightly more shoe coverage, but I tried on a pair of Svens the other day, and the slightly lower rise is nice, too.

Does anyone have any photos of a well-worn pair of streaky dry Svens? I'm curious as to how they wear, and whether or not it's worth AU$499 (!).

Quote:

The current ones are the ones without the flag, both in the streaky denim and the RRDS denim. I know a few people - who bought the limited edition version - who are pretty ticked off that it's available as standard now, and cheaper.

I'm partial to the Ralf, as that's what I have, and I like slightly more shoe coverage, but I tried on a pair of Svens the other day, and the slightly lower rise is nice, too.

Does anyone have any photos of a well-worn pair of streaky dry Svens? I'm curious as to how they wear, and whether or not it's worth AU$499 (!).

--- Original message by Nick M on Apr 10, 2006 08:15 AM

If you're willing to wait another 3 and a 1/2 months :) I don't have a digicam, nor can I be bothered to take a picture with my brothers atm.

Quote:

Current SSDS are streaky, like the limited Svenskas. RRDS are not.

298-300.jpg579-300.jpg

RRDS / SSDS

--- Original message by Tisswat on Apr 10, 2006 08:30 AM

Ah, yeah, that's what I meant, forgot to put "Svens" in the sentence.

The non-streaky dry Svens aren't selvage, my bad.

Quote:
Quote:

298-300.jpg579-300.jpg

RRDS / SSDS

Ah, yeah, that's what I meant, forgot to put "Svens" in the sentence.

The non-streaky dry Svens aren't selvage, my bad.

--- Original message by Nick M on Apr 10, 2006 08:50 AM

For this season anyway. Last seasons DS have been demoted to normal dry in place of the LE :)

I know there's some worn SSLE here:

http://www.mynudies.com/modules/mx_smartor/album.php?smartor_mode=album_cat&cat_id=6

In Dry Selvage there is:

-Ralfs

-Svens (last season? Probably some still around, I got a pair)

In Dry Selvage - Streaky there is:

-Svens (same as limited edition denim)

In Dry there is:

-Svens (you can get these at fos5.com I believe, they were only recently released)

I dig the Svens because of the slightly lower rise and no silly bootcut, so they fit me perfectly. Already have a pair of the non-streaky selvage, and waiting on delivery of a streaky-version right now.

I know there is a lot of hating on Nudies these days, but I still think Nudie makes the best modern cut jeans that still pays homage to the classic models. I think those two pictures illustrate my point. I love my nudies.

Quote:

298-300.jpg579-300.jpg

RRDS / SSDS

Please be nice and credit the photos (from me! icon_smile.gif)

We're doing the

Regular Ralf DS for $156 / £104.99

http://www.oipolloi.com/oipolloi/shop/item.php?itemno=298&name=Nudie-Jeans-Co-Regular-Ralf-Dry-Selvage

Straight Sven (in the limited edition finish) for $141 / £94.99

http://www.oipolloi.com/oipolloi/shop/item.php?itemno=579&name=Nudie-Jeans-Co-Straight-Sven-Flame-Dry-Selvage

Shipping is next day for UK / 2 days for Europe / 3 days for US / Canada

Got lots of other nice stuff in the shop too besides Nudie! www.oipolloi.com

www.oipolloi.com