Question about the fraying of the jeans

wxyx3

I was wondering what do you jean lovers do when the back of your jeans start to fray and get that inverted horse shoe kinda shape from stepping on jeans all the time because the jeans are too long? Is there any way to prevent this because in my opinion, it looks so disgusting...

i dont like how so many distressed jeans have the frayed hems in the back. thats the first part of the jeans to go, they'll be wrecked before youve even broken your jeans in yet. i like a little distressing on the pockets and whatever, but the hems should be left alone, those will fray soon enough naturally. its just friggin dumb.

i dont like how so many distressed jeans have the frayed hems in the back. thats the first part of the jeans to go, they'll be wrecked before youve even broken your jeans in yet. i like a little distressing on the pockets and whatever, but the hems should be left alone, those will fray soon enough naturally.

i personally just love the hems beeing destroyed.just adds to that vitnage look.and personally i like buying jeans that are little to long than short.thats why i always buy levis in l34 coz l32 isnt he right,well it just touches the ground when im without shoes,and i think that's to short.

eventually the hems will get frayed and i can cut them off,and it looks great on chucks or some white sneakers!

could someone exlain what is to starch????and how you do that?im form europe and dont relly know these methods and frases.thnx jake

Quote:

i personally just love the hems beeing destroyed.just adds to that vitnage look.and personally i like buying jeans that are little to long than short.thats why i always buy levis in l34 coz l32 isnt he right,well it just touches the ground when im without shoes,and i think that's to short.

eventually the hems will get frayed and i can cut them off,and it looks great on chucks or some white sneakers!

could someone exlain what is to starch????and how you do that?im form europe and dont relly know these methods and frases.thnx jake

--- Original message by levis4ever on Apr 11, 2006 02:38 AM

They are referring to spray starch such as Niagara. Some people spray it on the the front of their jeans and behind the knees to hold in the creases.