who knows about psycho cowboy? ringring?

kremedla

hey ring ring,

my friend asked me to find out about psycho cowboy and i thought who better to ask than you? also what can you tell me about tsubi? i got from some chats that it is an aussie brand with aggressive wash techniques but anything else? thanks.

the mind's eye glitters with thoughts and ideas for the masses/

i take classes/ to appease the classless/ perhaps its/

counter-revolutionary or counter intelligence/

to understand the situation or take command of the circumstance/

never mind what i say what's done is done/

and when i look down and grin and say it's been fun/

understand that #1 means no #2's i'm the best/

and i will choose to act out in front if you all to put you to the test/

Hey Kremedia,

It's been ages since Psycho Cowboy popped up on my radar, so I couldn't give you any up-to-date info on them. Danish brand (Copenhagen), I'd always thought of them as a smaller GStar. I think Selfridges have (or certainly had) them.

Tsubi - Aussie brand, based in Sydney. Some of the washes remind me of Edwin RVS - aggressive, high-contrast washes, patched. Skinny leg, Rock-n-Roll style - some have prints (writing) on the outside. Cool 'packaging' - using multiple stickers. 'Look-at-me-jeans-with-an-attitude'.

I'd also be interested in learning more about both brands.

Edited by ringring on Dec 30, 2004 at 08:23 AM

ringring,

thanks for the reply. i'd have to agree with you on packaging. evisu's wooden box carvings with the same emblem on the back pocket of the jeans were quite nice.

on psycho cowboy i know a place in covent garden that sold them but i was not that impressed. tsubi is abot too aggressive for me to be honest. guess i am not a rock and roller (perhapes too old) but to have to pay sooo much again for denim that is destroyed is beyond me... i would rather go second hand shopping, much more interesting and much better character in second hand denim...

the mind's eye glitters with thoughts and ideas for the masses/

i take classes/ to appease the classless/ perhaps its/

counter-revolutionary or counter intelligence/

to understand the situation or take command of the circumstance/

never mind what i say what's done is done/

and when i look down and grin and say it's been fun/

understand that #1 means no #2's i'm the best/

and i will choose to act out in front if you all to put you to the test/

• 10 months later...

Just checking to see if there were any posts on Psycho Cowboy. Because I'm leafing through my denim collection and I have a pair. They are dark grey denim, supposedly, on the tag, it says that it is dyed with indigo. they material looks good because it's like variegated and there's small striations down them. I bought them about 2 years ago (they were probably like 100-150 bucks US @ ROLO in San Fran), and they have a boot cut. I'm not so into the shape now, but i think they are still a good pair of jeans and got a nice finish.

I wonder if Psycho Cowboy is still in business.

Edited by Sauce on Nov 15, 2005 at 07:45 PM

I know that Psycho Cowboy was sold for a while a couple years back in Montreal as a mid-high end line, but they didn't sell that well so they pulled the line.

I see them sporadically popping up, but no one seems to carry a collection anymore.

I think the full name was "Psycho Scandinavian Cowboy", and they focused on T-Shirts with slogans and motifs (before Urban Outfitters caught on) and thicker almost raw denim.

Hope this helps curb the curiosity a bit

nairb49

Brand was "Psycho cowboy" with the tagline "Scandinavian System". Great jeans but the company went out of business ages ago leaving a fairly sizable fan following. Too bad everyone caught on too late. Wrong time I guess since everybody was still too busy looking for the pair of jeans with the most distressing and coolest rips (e.g Diesle or Energie). Stuff was known for being well crafted, simple jeans, most in a one rinse state. I still have a few pairs kicking around I bought like 4 years ago.

• 1 year later...