APC New Standard vs. Nudie Slim Jim Dry Indigo - and where to get Slim Jims?

Telix

I'm pretty interested in getting a slimmer jean than my RR's which are pretty baggy on me now. I'm interested in the New Standards and the Slim Jims, but am not sure how different they are in fit. I'm not skinny but not too chubby anymore. I'm 5-11 with a 36" waist, so some sizing help would be good as well. I plan to get Slim Jims in 33/32, as the 33's measure about 34" from what I've found. After they stretch I think they will fit well. For New Standards I am clueless, as I know people say to "size down" two sizes, but it's not like a 36 pant fits me right anymore - every designer is different!

Also, I haven't been able to find a place in the states that sells Slim Jims in dry indigo. Any ideas?

get the slim jims at least a size up. i usually wear girls jeans for a slimmer fit in a size 28 and the slim jims are easily the tightest jeans i own....also, though they have about a %2 stretch (i'm not totally sure of that, just a guess right now) they really don't loosen up. i've had mine for over 8 months and have never washed them and they are still insanely tight, so just beware of that. as for apc new standards, i'm getting mine on tuesday so if you'd like me to get back to you with a comparison i can hahaha.

no thanks.

Guest jeffvyain

i may be eating my words later, but if my memory serves me correctly, the slim jims don't have stretch. the super slim kims and the thin finns do i think

None of those places carry Slim Jim Dry Indigo, or just don't have them in stock. Thanks for the help so far guys, but I need a bit more detail about measurements by people who own them.

Edited by Telix on Apr 8, 2006 at 09:02 AM