skateboarding saved my life

Nice footage guys. I've been wanting to skate so bad now that the weather has turned for the better. I injured my ankle right before spring break and I'm just now being able to start skating on it again but I have to take it slow.

• 1 month later...
yeah i was pretty much surprised as i saw that these actually are from Lakai and not from És...Only difference is the brandlogo i guess...

decided to go for these cuz my DVS 8Track (which I'm skating in now!) fvcked up in no time so I'm hoping that these will hold a bit longer cuz off the double stitching around the toe-area...

I really hope the Koston 2 and koston 3's get re-produced in some form or another - im not a skater but they were awesome trainers, always wanted the k2s, had the k3s but still wanted them in every colour......

this thread makes me feel old (i'm 39)

i started screwing around on skateboards as a kid in the mid 70s, got serious at 12 years old (1982, 1983?) first board was a neil blender fiber-lam. rode lots of stuff, my favorites being SMA and shut skates.

got into long boards in 88 or so, and never really went back. my main longboard is a G&S fiber flex, but i pretty much stopped skating 5 years ago cause i would get gnarly old-man injuries whenever i fell and it was interfering with my martial arts training.

as for shoes, it was all about vans when i started, then the first air jordans came out and everyone wanted to skate in them. i always liked my basic vans sk8 hi, always did the trick for me. eventually i got into the mark gonzalez shoes from adidas, and was pretty loyal to those for a few years then there was some BS and i couldn't find them anymore. maybe they are back making them.

my heros: neil blender, bill danforth, lance mountain, chris miller, natas kaupas, and mark gonzales

i should shoot some photos of some of my old decks though, might be good for a laugh.

Skate nerds rejoice...

DEATH BOWL TO DOWNTOWN (2008)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SX2LYM07

It's a documentary about the history of New York City skateboarding.

holy crap. this is amazing, i grew up with most of these people. i'm like halfway through watching and keep expecting to see myself in the background of the shots.

please show the photos... im a total skate nerd... anything is appriciated.

i don't have any pics but will try to take some this weekend if i can get down to the basement and dig some of the decks out of my storage bin.

• 2 weeks later...

RIP Radlands Uk<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkUwcv9nRmc&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkUwcv9nRmc&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

everytime i hear that new kanye song it reminds me of the intro for Thats Life