what are you reading today?

almondcrush

Thanks to this thread I am now diving head first into Richard Price (having just rewatched Clockers also helped). So, thanks.

Anyone here have a goodreads account? Need some book friends :(

Don't have an account but I'd be willing to start one if you cringe at pansy ass shit. I've been looking for more new stuff rather than re-reading. Jonathan Miles is the only glimmer I've seen, but there has to be more out there.

Anyway, starting this again, will probably go through the pile.

51iN5ArrfpL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Now onto:

the-fight-by-norman-mailer-$7033161$300.jpg

Despite being the author of quote I seem to be incorrigibly compelled to repeat when drunk ("no one calls my dog a faggot.") I think Norman Mailer was a over-opinionated, maniacal misogynist. When people talk about the Dead White Men of American letters, I have some sympathy for Bellows, Updike et al. But Mailer I'd toss into the fire. That being said, when he writes about something he truly, honestly loves, like Boxing, I can see what's there to like. This book's pretty good.

why don't you start an imperial bedrooms thread?

cause all the lit nerd already have a thread to congregate in. and theres been enough discussion of the book already to warrant further dissection.

if you just havnt read it yet, i can wait.