jeans getting trodden on underneath.

witts

when i wear my vans off the walls the back of my cuff slips underneath the shoe so its gets trodden on when i work. this is hella annoying and will fuck up the bottom of my RR's, other than wear a different pair of jeans like my slim jims what can i do?

SUPERJUNKIE

Quote:

how will that help? wouldnt they still end up slipping underneath?

--- Original message by witts on Mar 30, 2006 01:39 PM

i guess i'm assuming the jeans are somewhat stacked near the bottom hem... if you starch them and set those wrinkles in when you're wearing a bigger shoe, the stiffness of the starch will keep the jeans from falling down under your heels when you wear a slip on.

this make sense? you're effectively shortening your jeans.

Edited by snugglepony on Mar 30, 2006 at 01:55 PM

starch 'em.

i wear slimmer jeans, but i always buy them, starch them until they'll stand up by themselves then wear them. i'll periodically starch the cuffs, thighs and behind the knee. i think this accellerates wear on the edges with the stiffer fabric rubbing rather than normal.

Quote:

Secondly, bootcut jeans are for girls. Get some proper jeans and you won't havet to worry about anything.

--- Original message by eastcoastrider27 on Mar 31, 2006 12:33 AM

the regular ralf is a bootcut in name only, guy. it's pretty much a straight leg.

Edited by snugglepony on Mar 31, 2006 at 12:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Secondly, bootcut jeans are for girls. Get some proper jeans and you won't havet to worry about anything.

--- Original message by eastcoastrider27 on Mar 31, 2006 12:33 AM

the regular ralf is a bootcut in name only, guy. it's pretty much a straight leg.

Edited by snugglepony on Mar 31, 2006 at 12:05 PM

--- Original message by snugglepony on Mar 31, 2006 12:05 PM

No, they're bootcut, but only slightly.

Quote: First of all, what the hell are Vans "off the wall? Doesn't that just refer to the outsole?

No, I am pretty sure "off the wall" is their slogan expressing the fact that Vans is "different," part of the original "teenage rebellion" that early skateboarding exemplified.........

saying "off the wall" shoes is reffering to all the vans shoes that have the traditional vulcanized rubber sole.

Half cab, Chukka, Slip on, oldskool, sk8 hi, era, authentic, etc....

since all share the same outsole, all would have the same problem with those jeans. its faster to write "off the wall's" then list all those shoes.

at least im assuming thats what he meant.

i used to have this same thing happen. there is only 1 solution. narrower jeans. no bootcuts. for regular fitting straight legs starch the bottoms and "crumple" them so they dry hard like an accordian. i dunno if that makes sense. the wrinkles stay in place.

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by Tabris on Mar 31, 2006 02:31 PM

hence the "pretty much..."

Edited by snugglepony on Mar 31, 2006 at 02:42 PM

--- Original message by snugglepony on Mar 31, 2006 02:41 PMehhh how can say that they are pretty much straight when they ARE bootcut? It makes NO sense at all.

dontcaretoomuchforcrap CANT SKATE!!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by Tabris on Mar 31, 2006 02:31 PM

hence the "pretty much..."

Edited by snugglepony on Mar 31, 2006 at 02:42 PM

--- Original message by snugglepony on Mar 31, 2006 02:41 PM

ehhh how can say that they are pretty much straight when they ARE bootcut? It makes NO sense at all.

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Apr 2, 2006 02:15 AMyou're an idiot, they are slightly bootcut... check for yourself

Quote:

ehhh how can say that they are pretty much straight when they ARE bootcut? It makes NO sense at all.

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Apr 2, 2006 02:15 AM

dumbest.

thread deterioration.

ever.

in the english language, the phrase "pretty much" can function as a slight modifier; i.e. the RR is a bootcut with such a slight increase in diameter from knee to hem that's it's "pretty much" a straight leg... jesus h. christ this is stupid - if you don't understand idiomatic expression in the english language, maybe you shouldn't comment on it?

witts, i stand by my original suggestion (confirmed by mlproject and ted di biase). if you want to wear your RRs with slip ons, starch the fuck out of the jeans from the ankle to the hem so they crumple and stay that way...

Edited by snugglepony on Apr 2, 2006 at 12:36 PM

Quote:

i'm pretty sure it's a reference to a wall ride.

witts just let your cuffs slide. raw denim doesn't need to be taken care of.

--- Original message by canice on Mar 31, 2006 08:18 PM

i'm pretty sure they've bene using that slogan since before wall rides existed