which restaurants in NYC or Brooklyn has good looking and cheap price?

Buqoo

cafe mogador - st. marks btwn 1st and 2nd???

wings at croxley's ale house - wed. wing night - haha - ave b. btwn 2nd and 3rd streets...

le gamin - 21st and 9th ave - the crepes are to die for...

... yea... but there are tons of places in the l.e.s... and yea... i bet brooklyn's got some good spots... as noted above... i'm rambling... out... ... ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yeah, their corn is outrageously good. if you just could get through the hordes of japanese tourists...

nolita locals (before the gentrification drove them out to astoria) used to call it rats café. during the refurbishment of the café between the past owners and the current ones, they found some mean dog-sized rodents living around the kitchen who'd attack the workers - so they had to get a flame thrower and literally smoke them out. appearantly, the name stuck as the japanese + scandinavian tourists took over where the rats left.

• 4 weeks later...

So many good spots...stick to the downtown manhattan and brooklyn spots to save cash w/o giving up quality...some of the restaurants are repeats from previous posts but hopefully that will reinforce the likelyhood of you trying them out...

Frank, Lil Franke and Supper (all by the same owner) - great italian food and reasonably priced. Lil Franke has great pizza and salads

Esperanto - great Latin food..relatively cheap caipirinhas/mojitos/sangria

Friends Sushi (on St. Marks/A ave)

Ginger (sushi)

Schillers Liquor Bar - french bistro...same owner as Pastis and Bathazaar

Cafe Habana

Spice Market - worth the money...reservations not easy

Tabla - great Indian fusion

Woo Lae Oak - korean bbq...pricey but def worth it

BK spots:

Planet Thailand

Robin Hood

Lots to choose from in the city...have fun //dave

“Isn’t it strange how it’s a fad to bite your idols when the whole reason you liked them is because their shit wasn’t recycled?†- Aesop Rock

i'd have to agree with gamma, try kenka on st marks in the east village...cheap ($7 pitchers of sapporo and $2 bottles of sake) and authentic japanese. the place is extremely loud and packed, however...but somehow i think this makes it even better. oh yeah, and you get to make your own cotton candy on the way out.

RHFIV

• 1 month later...

- ----

First Question : What kind of price range is "cheap" to you?\

If your looking for cheap [like $20 bucks will get you an appetizer, entree and a glass of wine], you should probably stick to the East Village or Brooklyn. More specifically, I would go to Williamsburg or Greenpoint.

In Williamsburg | [check SuperTalk : SuperMap section for a rough Williamsburg Map]

01. Miyako [No Seventh and Berry] : very good Korean/Japanese place.

02. Planet Thailand [No Sixth and Berry I think?] : cheap Thai and some sushi. Warning, very crowded with people from Manhattan slumming it in Brooklyn.

03. Bean [167 Bedford Ave] : Good Mexican.

04. Moon Shadow [Manhattan Ave, just no of McCarren Park] : Good Thai, actually located in the no man's land between Williamsburg and Greenpoint, but worth the trek.

For more info, check http://www.freewilliamsburg.com/restaurants.html.

I've found their reviews to be fairly accurate.

I hope this helps.

- ----

• 2 weeks later...