Etro Suits Seoul or men's suits in Seoul

aljones15

Hey Folks,

wondering where I can find decent suits i.e. something aside from pin-stripe or navy suits in Seoul or really in Korea in general. In patricular digging this Etro suit:

http://www.milanfashionshows.com/spring2005/etro/IMG_7368.jpg

I've seen alot of Etro and for that matter most designers shops in Seoul in the Shinseggae

and Hyundia Department stores, but almost no men's really. Mue or Boon got men's suits

that are decent? what are the prices like? Needs these for interviews. Found an Armani for 738, but no real desire for armani anymore.

peace,

a

• 2 weeks later...

hm, i'm not sure why you're having problems finding men's suits... they're basically in every major seoul department store. i'd recommend:

- galleria apgujeong

- hyundai apgujeong

- shinsegae gangnam

beware that quite a few men's brands here are "licensed" brands (designed here in korea and simply stamped with designer labels) - pierre cardin, YSL, etc. this was also the case with balenciaga and lanvin, but i believe they have re-launched after their re-branding.

etro does not carry a men's line here in korea. dior homme should be launching today (10/11) at galleria. A.P.C. has also launched at galleria. paul smith and marc by marc jacobs have shops in the above department stores. zegna and versace are currently pulled from the market. jil sander, armani, calvin klein collection, ferragamo, dolce & gabbana, gucci, prada should be quite easy to find.

boon the shop and mue do not carry a wide selection of 'traditional' suits - mainly jackets, blazers, etc.

happy hunting!

i see now... but i had read that you were looking for something for an interview :)

your tastes would probably run along the likes of boon and mue, but unfortunately they are priced quite high (beyond armani, etc. in most cases).

michiko koshino has a boutique in apgujeong (just behind the rodeo area) with quite a bit of unconventional attire, although it will be more casual.

i also highly recommend the korean designer suh sangyoung, who has great cuts... but that's also on the pricier side (about 800 USD for a jacket, 240 for pants). he has a small shop in galleria.

otherwise, i'm afraid there aren't a great deal of alternatives. A.P.C. and ck (not calvin klein jeans) might offer a more palatable price point, although their styles tend to be more muted.

cheers.

I'm not sure I'm to concerned with having a "traditional" suit for interviews. I think any will work especially in Korea where business culture hasn't quite digested that new fangled western suit idea terribly completely like Japan did a few years back. Anyway, ended up buying a LaCoste suit. It's nice, normal, brown suit. works fine. Will check out the other shops though. With the exception of that one little Frankoe Morrello and others shop in Shinseggae at Kangnam haven't seen much out there.

peace,

a