Shanghai Help

Rural Revolt

Shopping: http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=4767. Yes, I wrote the useful piece of this [so modest, haha] For the brands you listed, good luck.

Hate it or love it, smartshanghai is the best english-language resource there is for what's going on in Shanghai, largely because a lot of the people who are directly involved in clubs, parties, dj'ing, bands, etc. are on it. The free magazines [That's, City Talk, Cityweekend, etc.] all have useless web sites and are best reserved for restaurant reviews and cultural coverage [museums, galleries, etc.] Tell me what you like club-wise and I can help point you in the right direction.

As I said, superfuture's Shanghai section is totally out of date to the point where many things on it are no longer in SH. I need to update but really don't have the time to do it for free... too bad...

Quote:

I'm about to move to Shanghai soon and will be visiting for a few days this coming weekend/next week. Anyone have any suggestions different to those on smartshanghai etc... for shopping - bounty hunter, number (n)ine, stussy, FL, MHI etc... and also Clubbing.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

--- Original message by Rural Revolt on Sep 28, 2005 07:23 PM

Hi Quoting,

I have been living in Shanghai for over two years now and have to say it is not keyed up to the labels that we at Superfuture desire. Fakes are abundant and Number 9 and BH are available as fake T's in the shops in Xujia hui Subway station. But for real deal goods it is either more expensive than the UK and the States. You do find some Key clothing from japanesse labels like United Arrows and Beams that are real but hunting for them takes time. Clubbing at the moment Bar Rouge for Saturdays and the other suggestions on Smart Shanghai. Very little underground stuff but friends do run some semi warehouse parties playing mainly Drum and bass.

Enjoy your trip

Shanghaiknight - I'm glad to get some validation that I'm not completely off on my assessment that the SH market for fashion in general and Superfuture wants in specific just isn't there. Perhaps need to lead off with "we don't have a Diesel store yet" in any intro to SH to reinforce the point that we haven't even reached that low bar yet...

Good to mention Bar Rouge which gets a lot of flack from the ex-pat community here for poor service, etc. but actually can be quite fun.

What are you doing in SH?

THANKS FOR ALL OF THAT. I SEE IT ISN'T QUITE THAT FAR AHEAD YET BUT IF YOU REALISE THAT AT THE MOMENT I AM LIVING IN XI'AN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THAT ANYTHING IS BETTER!!!!!! WOULD ANYONE KNOW OF ANYWHERE THAT MIGHT BE LOOKING FOR A DJ TO DOSOME PARTIES?

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE DJ KERI PARTY WAS LIKE LAST WEEK? MUSIC STYLE?

SHANGHAIKNIGHT, ROB R WHAT DO YOU BOTH DO IN SHANGHAI? WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

CHEERS AGAIN.