4 replies to this topic

#1 Matthew

Matthew

bored

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • joined 06 september 04

Posted 28 July 2005 - 02:01 PM

Going to Montreal for the first time - are there any cool shopping centres / departments stores that people would recommend?

What about where to eat / drink?

#2 Matthew

Matthew

bored

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • joined 06 september 04

Posted 28 July 2005 - 02:30 PM

Perhaps I can make my question clearer - I'm taking a group of clients to look at retail in montreal. I have 48 hours and need to take them to good places to eat too.

Only problem... I've never been!!! Help!!!

#3 aDj

aDj

semibored

• Pip
  • 165 posts
  • joined 21 september 04

Posted 28 July 2005 - 07:33 PM

do a search. this was a topic answered before.

#4 Matthew

Matthew

bored

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • joined 06 september 04

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:48 PM

DJ.

I did a search already - and have trawled through all the posts and threads.

I thought Sblande's comments were great - some excellent suggestions on where to eat - but not so much on the best overall places to shop - and my clients probably don't want to score weed either!

Was kinda looking for some more general suggestions - any new big malls in the centre? any just outside? any big funky redevelopment projects? I already have plenty on the underground stuff, and I can read a guide book, but I don't know how much of the guide book to trust. - You know the way it goes... take london... read a guide book and it'll tell you Harrods, Harvey Nichols, Selfridges for department stores to visit - only selfridges is the only one that's worth it... get my drift?

An insiders guide to tourist montreal is what i'm after i suppose.

Please help!!!

#5 jaku

jaku

bored

• Pip
  • 43 posts
  • joined 08 february 05

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:48 PM

I just went to Montreal a month ago, unfortunately I came back without any shop reccomendations. There is a major retail street downtown with lots of chain stores, dept stores all on one street. Then there are a few streets with smaller independant shops, honestly I wasnt inspired. The one shopping area I was intrigued by but didnt get a chance to explore during operating hours was this one street of antique shops, seemed like lots of interesting european stuff...