#1 organico

organico

bored

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • joined 01 may 05

Posted 01 May 2005 - 06:42 PM

hi guys

im new here..was doing my research off the net and i came upon this great site..im planning a trip to tokyo and maybe would be visiting mt fuji and other cities.

3 of us would be going for bout a week plus and i was looking for a decent hotel/motel of arnd 8000-10000 yen per night cause we are going on a budget and save the money for shopping or travelling to places or food. location of hotel/motel near a local subway station (hopefully we could find one along main JR Yamanote Line).

i have found one. it';s called Andon Ryokan Tokyo Japan. here's the site http://www.andon.co.jp/ . i was wondering if anyone has been there and anyone is willing to share your experiences.

hope ya guys could help me out in this. thanks!!

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • joined --

Posted 02 May 2005 - 04:19 AM

Hi organico

Take a look on asiarooms.com : http://www.asiarooms...apan/tokyo.html

They have classified the hotels in Tokyo by areas like Ginza or Akasaka. You can also locate your hotel on a map. Furthermore their prices are pretty low.

For each hotel, you can know in the location section if it is near a subway station.

Good trip !

#3 jason_7

jason_7

bored

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • joined 02 may 05

Posted 02 May 2005 - 06:42 AM

Hi organico

I think you should take a llok on asiarooms.com : http://www.asiarooms...apan/tokyo.html
Hotels are classified per districts like Ginza or Akasaka and you can locate your hotel on a map.
Just now I have checked many other websites and they have also the cheapest rates.

You will find also the nearest subway station for each hotels in the location section.

Have a nice trip !

#4 SARU

SARU

semibored

• Pip
  • 76 posts
  • joined 12 september 04
  • style:oriental
  • attitude:paranoid
  • denim:whore

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:04 AM

Love hotels is all I gotta say..
formerly daggersprawn

#5 Lex2

Lex2

semibored

• Pip
  • 84 posts
  • joined 18 april 05

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:14 PM

Quote:

Love hotels is all I gotta say..

--- Original message by SARU on May 3, 2005 02:04 AM

Same applies to Vietnam, but that's another story. Typical hotel room sizes in Japan will promote a lot of "love" all right.

#6 mickey holmes

mickey holmes

semibored

• Pip
  • 74 posts
  • joined 25 november 04
  • talents:Photography, liquor, music, girls

Posted 05 May 2005 - 09:31 AM

In Shinjuku check out Hotel Sunroute.
http://www.asiatrave.../sunroutetokyo/

I've stayed there before and it's great. You can't go wrong!
It's actually in Shinjuku, but is just a stone's throw from Yoyogi station, then you can walk to Harajuku/Shibuya, etc.
After a long flight, catch the Limousine Bus from Narita and it'll take you straight to the front doors.
www.limousinebus.co.jp

#7 organico

organico

bored

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • joined 01 may 05

Posted 07 May 2005 - 07:19 AM

hi guys

thanks for the help so far. i have booked my flight for tokyo on 18th-26th frm singapore

have been doing some research. but stil i cant really find anything that suits my budget so far and only Andon Ryokan suits our budget but it's located relatively far frm areas like shinjuku, shibuya or harajuku. any places online where we can find cheap hostels or ryokan?

thanks

#8 Obsession

Obsession

semibored

• Pip
  • 93 posts
  • joined 08 february 05

Posted 07 May 2005 - 07:56 PM

kind to think of it's good to have Japanese friends that are willingly to let me stay if I go Japan. So convenient and saving alot on the accommodation already.

Anyway I saw something on a book which pictures a cable car in Japan which has hot steam for jaccuzzi and there are a group of men in the hot steam drinking sake merrilly. How nice. Anyone knows something more on these?
Youth is something that the young waste

#9 pasey pase

pasey pase

bored

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • joined 17 august 04

Posted 07 May 2005 - 08:52 PM

tokyu stay yo. look no further... 2 of em in shibuya

#10 organico

organico

bored

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • joined 01 may 05

Posted 09 May 2005 - 04:19 PM

hahah sadly i dont have any friends over there. would definitely save alot if ya got friends over there. mmm

pasey pase: tokyu stay? ya got any links?

#11 daikonyama

daikonyama

superbored

• Pip
  • 299 posts
  • joined 08 march 05

Posted 13 May 2005 - 04:52 AM

Hmmm... there's actually a cheap youth hostel near Yoyogi... Tokyo International Youth Hostel, I believe it's called? Don't let the "youth" part fool you cause it's mainly middle-aged Chinese businessmen that are there. It's like 3000¥ a night, and you have to buy a membership for like 1000¥. It's clean, and cheap and in a not bad area (Sangubashi off of the Keio line). The bad thing is that you can't be in the hostel from 10:00 - 17:00 I think? You can leave your stuff there though. Unfortunately I don't know what the contact info is, but I'm sure it's out on the net somewhere. It's best to book ahead for this place too, a few days cause it fills up pretty solid usually...