Whistler

vinc3

anyone got any recommendations for Whistler, Canada. Gonna be out there in february to snowboard but recommendations for nightlife, restaurants and anything else particularly superfuture would be appreciated?

"you're not living unless you're wasting time on the internet."

ooooooo... whistler. very dope spot. the village is where all the nightlife and restaurants are at. there are some surrounding restaurants outside of the village too... but yah, stick to the village. only gripe about whistler is there's no night-boarding :(

"and we can find new ways of living make playing only logical harm"

whistler is quite dope. i went to snowboard camp up there a couple summers in a row a few years ago - one of the best experiences in my life! and the village is so much fun.. small, but full of drunk riders and realy hot girls. don't have specific spots to recommend though, been too long.

just hang in the village and meet as many peeps as you can. you'll be stoked.

dig.

There's a bunch of places to go out to, but whis is pretty funny for night life.

Mostly tourists (of course) and somewhat grumpy locals from time to time.

The Amsterdam is a good spot to do the apres snowboarding thing, I've had the most fun there at maxx fish (yes, there's one in whistler too) and the savage beagle.

A favourite spot for eating is Sushi Village...heard there is a new sushi spot up there that is pretty good as well.

If you aren't staying in the village and are riding whis as opposed to blackcomb, I suggest uploading from creekside. You don't have to park miles away and the lineups are always extremely mellow there. That's the route I take when riding whistler. Seeing as it ain't snowing much, park might be a better option, so blackcomb would be your spot.

Anymore questions, let me know.

You should check out some spots in vancouver as well if you have the time.

fuck around and get your waffle split

the recommendations are much appreciated. yeah i'm definitely checking out vancouver too. i got fam there and i've visited quite a few times so thats pretty much covered. plus i think anything new in vancouver has been mentioned on supertalk in other threads. but if there's anything you think is under the radar and is must see please feel free to recommend.

is the maxx fish over at whistler connected to the one in nyc?

i can't wait for this trip.

oh fuck no man, they aren't related at all haha

any more whis questions, holler.

van is pretty much covered in that "what's up with canada" thread.

there might still be some deals at pigeon then, as they are shutting and blowing out their stock.

annnnd, you'll get here just in time for the livestock launch of those 35ths.

stay away from the mongolian grill in whistler village. what a freakin' rip off for 15 bucks and it's not even ALL-U-CAN-EAT!

stickykrylon - what camp did you attend? Champions????

"and we can find new ways of living make playing only logical harm"

• 2 weeks later...

yo... so i've heard it's been a pretty dry season and there isn't much snow up there. anyone been lately? is it even worth the hefty room rate and lift ticket or should i just stay in vancouver?

check their website

my friend told me last night that whis just got a good foot and a bit of snow, but it has been a bit of a slow winter.

apparently the alpine is in pretty good shape, but you've gotta stay high. down low is pretty messy right now.

i'd say do both man, hit up the city and whistler.

and don't forget to buy your lift tickets at 7-11.