Copenhagenand Malmo...

haste

shit thanks guys... i'm quite overwhelmed by that response.

cheers MAC sorry i slept in on the cph recon thread, thought it didnt post properly!

all your advice is greatly appreciated, hope to check out all and more in March

and maybe hook up w/ some of you guys!

Kornelius thanks also was wondering what shop you refered to

(do you work/own there?)

cheers again guys

TAK!

haste.

depending on what you're looking for.

As others have noted (here and in that other thread) check out the Danish Design Centre, V-1, the whole area around Istedgade (especially Kunstcafé Riga is a nice little cosy place), also definately check out a new place called Culture Box, which is both a club, café, and generally a joint with cultural activities. Highlights of March, clubbingwise, would be march 11th with John Tejada, 19th with Thomas Fehlmann and a labelnight of the new danish label Tic Tac Toe on the 26th. These are all in the minimal house/techno genre, but in between there'll also be more house-oriented, 2-step/UKG and reggae oriented nights.

And yeah, Hyskenstræde with Wallace and Loud Music is nice, also hosts a little café/bar called Benutzbar which has some nice events once in a while. Storm in St. Regnegade is a nice shop to get the more expenssive clothes and shoes

For Areas, check out "Pisserenden", Studiestræde/Larsbjørnsstræde etc, Nansensgade and Vesterbro in general.

Have a nice trip!

Lots of great shopping in Copenhagen.....we sell our clothes at the following spots which I feel are some of the better boutiques in CPH:

Storm, Playground, Brund, Goggle, and Invasion...Paris Texas also has a great selection (www.paristexas.dk)

I haven't been there for a year so I'm not sure what's changed in regards to the nightlife scene. When I was there I frequented Barstaten, Rust, Ketchup, Vega, and Konrad...Zoo Bar has great burgers and a great place to go for a casual lunch/dinner...Great places in Kristiania for food and other herbal varities. Not sure what the deal is since they shut down pusher street but I'm sure you can still easily find what you need there.

Hit me on email if you have any other questions...cheers //dave

“Isn’t it strange how it’s a fad to bite your idols when the whole reason you liked them is because their shit wasn’t recycled?†- Aesop Rock

• 2 weeks later...