Benny Gold Standard Denim. thoughts ?

ulysses.

No raised belt loops. Come on man that's child's play.

Anyways, big deal. Let's see some more pics man.

bennygold_denim4.jpg

bennygold_denim.jpg

bennygold_denim3.jpg

bennygold_denim5.jpg

added a pen pocket for super artsy appeal. (which i think is awesome, but i've put pens in that pocket before and my thigh always pushes it out... i've lost many friends.)

i cant stand that pocket! looks like something my mom would wear (mom's steezy and all but chick pocket design for sure.) solid contrast stitching (resembling that of an acne jean

he doesn't say much about the actual denim just that it's all made in the states. i feel like he's got the right idea but needs a few more tweaks. love the leather patch tho.

finally got a chance to try on the new denim.

so i got some much needed info from benny and the shopkeeper.

Gold Standard Denim:

1 Denim comes from North Carolina

2 Manufactured in Los Angeles

3 13.5 maybe .75 oz psy

4 Retail at $198.00 USD

5 Regular Rise with 501 style button fly (spacey buttons long crotch)

6 Fits like a petit standard with a regular rise ( not a super baggy leg but enough room for comfort, plus a very nice taper. i would guess a 14.5, definitely wont drag with my vans.

i tried on both a 29x34 and 28x34 ( 28x34 being his smallest ) and i found the 28x34 to be perfect. nice and tight but bearable. i wear 29x35.5 in N&F weird guy fit, 29x34 in capital e levis hesher, an uncomfortable 28x35 in A.P.C new standard, 29x34 Nudi slim jim,

and 29x36 j Brand kane. I'm about 5'11.75" weighing in at 165lbs and i wear size M shirts.

I'd buy'em

a picture of the 28s by benny himself on my phone.

img00124201005121753.jpg

Will these shrink?

I got the standard raws (non-selvedge). I normally wear a 32, but they fit too tight in the upper thigh / hip area. I got a 34, but they fit like Levi's STF would.

Would I be good with a 32 for future-stretching or stick with the 34's and soak them?

Any help is appreciated.

oops... if forgot to ask if they where sanforized, sorry. I feel like it would be highly unlikely he would make a non pre-shrunk jean. He mentioned putting a lot of heart and soul into these jeans. Meaning many many samples with equal research behind them all. i would size down from a comfy 34, at least to the 33. when i sized down i felt they fit better and i felt like they would definitely stretch to fit perfect.