Weird Vibes @ The aNYthing Store

soundune

Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that something isn't quite right with the aNYthing gangstore? I mean, props for A-ron for going his own but.....that place is just strange and they stock more strange knick nack shit that they do their own line. strange vibes....man

fuckin' right i'm a doctor

Neg, guys. The knick-knack shit is what sets the gangstore apart from every other joint in town. Unless you're some hypejunkie'd-out dude that needs to buy every single piece from every single collection, what's the deal? I love checking in from time to time and picking up some zines, some music, a shirt or whatever's there to catch my eye.

You want monolabel biz, hit up Supreme. You want a place that keeps the ever-changing NY streets on the racks at all times, the gangstore is where it's at.

And no, I don't work for A-Ron. I just wish I did.

Tell the Don that he's got a PR machine locked and loaded.

don't get me wrong, cool people working and def. a different vibe and diff stock but it's like the place has no focus.....that's probably the point but it's like....if i want mix tapes for cheaper i'll go to turntable lab or memes or something. for records - i mean why even have a set of like 60 odd ass records when a real shopper would just hit up bleeker or finyl or something? and selling vintage clothing.......

look, it's an interesting concept but it's sooooo far down south and most of everything they stock can be found elsewhere in a wider variety and at a cheaper price. just my opinion.

peace

fuckin' right i'm a doctor

i think you're on point, yeah, you can find a lot of what they have in other places, most likely for less, but i still like the feel of having all those things together in one place. i look at the gangstore not so much so as a dedicated retail space but more as an everything's-for-sale art gallery- their stock is just as carefully curated as any art space, and taking it all in that way, for me, makes it worth the trip.

plus, i love skateboarding down there, it's a mellow vibe compared to other areas.

i picked up a logo shirt this weekend, 20 +tax, wasn't too bad... it was only me and a couple in the store... didnt catch a bad vibe or anything, but i agree with the record selection, mostly punk rock and some other wierd ish... i would recommend the vinyl pick ups at fatbeats or turntable lab where they belong... unless its some rare ish or hard to find vinyl... decent selection... although some of the pieces were a bit overpriced... ragged jeans and some silk screen shirts, shouldn't be that pricey, but i guess its the label and 'hard to find' ish... but the label is new, so you gotta rep...

i dunno, this sounds like something that works better in theory than practice.

like, how you would always think to yourself, 'man, if i owned a store we'd sell comic books, dvds, videogames, rare sneakers, obscure japanese denim, skateboards, computer equipment, candy, remote controlled cars and have on-site laundry so you can shop while you permanent press'

but i mean, you can't do everything best...i dunno, maybe they're doing it better than i imagine (i've never been to the store)

All I know is that the gangstore's the one place in NY that has managed

to represent every facet of the millions of things I'm interested in fashion

and culture-wise. For that, the've got my loyalty for life.