Rivet Japan

cjmegatron

Hi Lance,

Thanks for your message and your interest in Japanese denim!

Yes.

We can export denim by the roll. Each roll is approximately 50 meters each.

If you are interested in seeing some samples of different things just let me know what in as much detail as you can and we can ship some out to you!

Best,

Tim

I sent another email asking for prices for a roll of natural indigo selvage denim in 14 to 16 oz. weight. I'll let you know the answer. If we have enough interest and someone to make the jeans, maybe we can get something going. But after watching aho's agony, I'll let you do the polling! :)

Hey - Seems like a two way conversation here; we should do this by email! See below for their reply. Looks like shipping to the US or wherever the tailor would be is as much as the denim.

Hi Lance,

OK. No prob. I can work up some swatches for you shortly.

price depends on the quality of the fabric...

EX: if the denim is say 1000 ¥ (JPY) per meter X 50 meters = 50,000 ¥

plus transport and import duty.

transport is based on weight. best guess is around 300 - 400 USD to ship it by fedex.

cheaper if you go by boat.

to ship you the swatches we will need to know which courier service you wish to use.

If you don't have an account with anyone now, FedEx is easiest. Just go online and set up an account and email the info - address, company name, account #, etc..

Best,

Tim

It really isn't that overpriced if it is quality stuff. A lot of really nice denim will sell for about $20 to $30 per yard. If you plan on making a lot of jeans it ain't bad. Shipping is the killer though.