The Denim Debate

kiya

Wow, my last comment to you really got to you, didn't it?

You do a good job of shitting up threads and even a better job of getting made a fool in threads that you yourself started:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=187345

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this the best you can do, seriously. put some effort into man. shitting up threads...? you gotta do better than that. appealing to the masses' need for organized threads?

keep it coming man. you're paid to make things look a certain way. you're a hype man. kiya:toyo::chester the cheetah:cheetos.

so hype me up, make me the devil. demonize me.

RLY, i think your post is a little bit of projection; an insight into the psyche of Kya. you don't like when people point out what you are. you live in a world of profit motivated positive thoughts. SO, What happens when Lando (sorry to bring you into this, its not personal) realizes his worth as an advertiser and starts thinking about what he deserves? hmm... You don't want people to think about that.

is kiya nice to me, cuz he makes money off my free advertising? because he knows i will promote his products, via blog, or msg board. lets ponder this.

edit: and you negged me too. you mad?

The Denim Debate 03-05-10 12:53 PM kiya Good work.

geneticdrifter is the 2010 Sufu bitchass of the year.

Between this thread and the one he created in Supertrash that went on for three pages his bitchassness level has reached a new Sufu high.

Not sure if you've noticed but Denim Debate has nothing to do with me, i merely started a thread about it because it's Superdenim relevant.

this is the funniest thread i've ever seen. all kiya did was post a link to a cool fuckin site. if you don't like the jeans shown, don't go to the site. if you're too much a denim genius to need such a site, don't go to it. a thread like this would have helped me understand some differences in denim when i was starting out, and even now is a cool site to see, but is being ruined by people trying to sound like they're above the hype

don't whine about a site that no one is making you go to.

and don't fill what could have been a dope thread with your "too cool for school" shit just to get your post count up. no one cares.

that is all

Must be a slow day at SESF...

About Denim Debate: I checked it out when it was first posted here and on SF, and just went back now only to be disappointed by the lack of updates/documentation. I assumed that updates would be more regular, kinda like the Sufu world tour threads. Maybe all of this crap debate going on here is because of the lack of denim updates to debate over there!

Also, anybody else find the blog/comments format a little clumsy (e.g. the "Welcome to the Denim Debate" post with it's 62 comments)? Unless the blog posts increase in frequency where comments can be made in context, the few blog posts on there are going to end up like a disorganized Sufu thread.

Yeah, I totally think it should be a "what are your jeans doing today" type update. With the participants updating like once a week. It seems pointless at first because the amount of "evolution" on the jeans isn't noticeable, but at the end the entire year's worth of pics will show the evolution well.

BTW, I thought I could win bitchass of the year on superdenim!! Sad to see I have been dethroned.

i'm blushing.

if you guys don't stop, you're gonna make me cry... I knew i had been nominated, but to win this early in the year is a true surprise.

I didn't prepare a speech but i'ld like to thank my mom, timothy leary, and noam chomsky for helping me become a better bitchass.

I'ld also like to thank all the 'heads that were Overgrow.com for teaching me how to see thru internet sales people.

stacks for not being runway enough, and for naming the beast; "positive group think."

rnrswitch for keeping the throne so warm.

i can't forget pletty for being a stand up guy, even if he is in marketing. ;)

and finally...last but not least, kiya, for starting this thread. this is the most fun i've had on the interwebs, where i didn't end up sticky afterwards. Thank You.

--SUFU Bitchass of the Year for 2010.

kiya, if you can meet pletty's standard of integrity do like braided bread and challah.

I wish I had some rep left for you genetic. It's been a throne that I have loved and cherished, but I believe I am leaving it in good hands. Expect a fight next year, though, cuz I'm coming back.

By the way big ups for thanking Noam Chomsky. I am sure he is reading this. :D

a real good demonstration of geneticdrifter's maturity level.... sigh... He is no way near the sufu bitchass 2010, but the biggest hypocrit and self-acclaimed hypebeast hunter... after shitting up all the contests and retailers....this is what he wrote in the LHT samurai contest thread:

LeicaLad is an inspiration. i want to be involved and i am willing to do whatever. Run contests. work as a liaison of some sort. anything.

i think we should focus more on organizing ourselves than pursuing anyone company. lets lay a framework that can be duplicated with interchangeable actors. kiya or gordon or direct manufacturer. personally i prefer the later. also lets not forget we have a symbiotic relationship with SE and BiG. We need one another. ;)

clearly read the writing in BOLD..... wtf is this guy??

i think it's become so heated only because of the title of the site and thread.

sure it's just alliteration but it's also a pretty bold mission to stick to.

and the fact that kiya was the thread starter just makes it that much fishier.

but it's still too early to make any real judgements.

with all the calling out and bickering, i think the real issue here has been overlooked entirely: the denimdebate site was created with the notion that high-end, raw, and/or selvedge denim would appeal to a larger demographic, if only people knew more about it. it presupposes there is a lack of information or exposure to these brands and that is why it is such a niche market. "surely, if john doe knew that these jeans were made on *old shuttle looms* by *japanese artisans* with *texas cotton* dipped *27 times* in *natural indigo* vats, he too would go right out and buy a pair!"

but is that really true? i would say not even close. i see the potential for "selvedge" and "raw" jeans to blow up in a more mainstream demographic, but only at gap or levis (non-LVC) price ranges. of course, i might be short-sighted.

When you explain to most people why you wear the same jeans everyday, they generally dont understand it or think its dirty. Then when you tell them how much your jeans cost they think you're an absolute fool. Now i dont really care what others think of me, but this is the general publics reaction when you describe raw denim to them.

I can see how DD is targeting people who blow 200+ on diesel, TR and RR but those people are completely different consumers. Their fashion ideals wouldnt allow them to wear the same jeans for so many months at a time. Its not fashionable.

At the end of the day, raw denim is a lifestyle that most of us choose.When i see people in raw denim, even tho i dont know them, i feel like i understand them. I understand the research and the countless hours spent browsing through threads, PMing, visiting rakuten, selfedge or BIG websites for measurements all just to find the right pair for you. That journey is personal and in my opinion, one of the true rewards of a great pair of jeans. And once you finally obtain a pair of jeans, you wear it anyway you like and after some time, it molds to your body; it becomes you, very personal. Every hole and scrape has its own story, like a denim tattoo.

you cant manufacture or create that desire (obsession)

oh, i didnt read the thread....we've all agreed DD sucks, right?

milk out the nose funny.

@rnrswitch, you know Noam is here lurking. Man, to have the command of language that he has. i'ld rather have that than a million dollars. maybe not ten but i digress... thanks for being logical.

@daiwei., <sigh>, smh. you dumb son. first, don't make me get the dictionary out. on second thought, i know how some of you people detest reading so lets go to the dictionary.

symbiotic: from merriams.

1 : the living together in more or less intimate association or close union of two dissimilar organisms (as in parasitism or commensalism); especially : mutualism

2 : a cooperative relationship (as between two persons or groups) <the symbiosis…between the resident population and the immigrants — John Geipel>

...nuff said?

#2, show me where i claimed to be a "hyebeast hunter" and i'll +rep you. methinks you fail at english.

@geneticdrifter

we all realize how cool you are for knowing who noam chomsky is and for being able to define words. you are truly an individual. now that your post count has increased bringing you one step closer to your dream of being a postwhore, can you move to supertrash so people who want to talk about DD can?

thanks

@znoyer, did you read the thread? do you acknowledge who started the conversation? come on man. your shit-talking isn't funny or cruel. you gotta try. read the thread, you might get some ideas.

second, your logic, like so many before you is fail. Kiya started the debate/discussion, questions were asked and not answered. if they got blow back by presenting the/their product that way its not my fault. i simply asked the man to answer the questions. Pletty, the guy from DD, came to the thread and answered the questions. s/he has balls.

Have you read any other thread(s) here? are you tearing up when those stray off topic? you have anything you want to say about DD or are my posts clogging your part of the intertubes?

@znoyer, did you read the thread? do you acknowledge who started the conversation? come on man. your shit-talking isn't funny or cruel. you gotta try. read the thread, you might get some ideas.

second, your logic, like so many before you is fail. Kiya started the debate/discussion, questions were asked and not answered. if they got blow back by presenting the/their product that way its not my fault. i simply asked the man to answer the questions. Pletty, the guy from DD, came to the thread and answered the questions. s/he has balls.

Have you read any other thread(s) here? are you tearing up when those stray off topic? you have anything you want to say about DD or are my posts clogging your part of the intertubes?

I'm a guy... c'mon? Ryan?... how many girls have the name Ryan?

Those Pulsar's look decent. Not sure about that V on the seat.

Never understood half-selvage though. I guess to stick out.

P.S. Awesome benchmade ad!

I liked that the dude did a video of his jeans.

I'm a guy... c'mon? Ryan?... how many girls have the name Ryan?

I actually met a broad named Ryan. Pretty cute too.

Also, I like to see some the updates on the site. when is the dude with the Rising Sun jeans suppose to start up?

nice the site's coming along.

Pletty, I like how you're straight forward in your updates giving good info on the sizing/fit/fading progress.

As opposed to the other contributers who include all the personal fluff that makes them blog-writers. I'd rather see pics of a detail rather than read their description of it.

I don't care much for their personal lives, just the progress of the jeans.

On the other hand, it might be that gibberish/writing style that gives some authors their personalities. And it might reach out to that demographic of denim-noobs who are that type of audience....just not me personally.

I'm not feeling the V in the back of the pulsar's, but the fit looks good. they're fading quick for only 1.5 months.

and i'm 6'1 and 170lbs too, i don't get how the hell you're a 29, crazy.

nice the site's coming along.

Pletty, I like how you're straight forward in your updates giving good info on the sizing/fit/fading progress.

As opposed to the other contributers who include all the personal fluff that makes them blog-writers. I'd rather see pics of a detail rather than read their description of it.

I don't care much for their personal lives, just the progress of the jeans.

On the other hand, it might be that gibberish/writing style that gives some authors their personalities. And it might reach out to that demographic of denim-noobs who are that type of audience....just not me personally.

I'm not feeling the V in the back of the pulsar's, but the fit looks good. they're fading quick for only 1.5 months.

and i'm 6'1 and 170lbs too, i don't get how the hell you're a 29, crazy.

haha... 10 years of running and college cross country and now triathlons... and they are obviously like 31's after streching...