J. Crew's New Raw Denim

nycsurfer530

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J. Crew, who i coincidentally work for as a sales associate, has recently released a raw denim. Despite my association with the company i still feel very speculative about the quality of the denim. So, I bought a pair to see how it is. I must start out that it feels nothing like a pair of Samurais,

It is Raw but it is not shrink to fit, it is a sanforized raw denim. It has a good weight to wear during spring and summer. J. Crew recommends to wear at least 60x before first wash but i am going to go a few months without washing to see just how qualitative the fading is while maintaining a well made product.

I'm not sure what to expect as this is the first truly raw denim J. Crew has made. I'm not expecting it to be nearly as nice as evisu, Samurai or fullcount but since it was priced at 240$ I do expect some good fading. Over the next few weeks I'll be posting pics to show the progression of the denim. Hopefully this turns out a gem find for a summer denim but we'll see.

haha yeah it actually sounds like those levi's because it comes with a little bag and on the bag it says wear 60x before washing.

I never said the denim was great though but since i work for J Crew i'd try it out

haha oh definitely everything j crew sells is overpriced. the only reason why i'm trying out these is because i work for j crew.

do you work for j.crew?

cool guy, your unreservedly right, i'm making up where i work for absolutely no reason at all just so that i can post pics of some jeans on a website, that really makes so much sense. thanks for enlightening us

cool guy, your unreservedly right, i'm making up where i work for absolutely no reason at all just so that i can post pics of some jeans on a website, that really makes so much sense. thanks for enlightening us

i think he's pointing out the fact that you keep saying

i work for Jcrew

rather than something like

i work at a Jcrew store

which is what i assume you mean.