Marc Jacobs pants.. need help/pointers/inspiration

iohan

Ok, i recently bought these pants by Marc Jacobs simply because they fitted perfectly.

However, i found out that matching them with something else than plain tops was a damn hard thing to do. Could be that i suck, but that is not really relevant.

So what to do? Well, simply turn to the superfreaks for inspiration as i am finding myself to be in total lack of creativity at the moment.

So speak your mind people, everything goes.

One good thing to know though is that i'm 6'2 tall and 176 to 180 something lbs skinny.

00480m.jpg

knife chase..

I guess it all depends on how out there you're willing to look...if you matched up those pants w/ the right argyle v-neck or perhaps a cricket sweater, it might look good - but you might also look like you came off of the golf course or Kanye/Common/Andre 3000.

S'your call. It all depends on your style.

you could go way out with a very colorful shirt with a wild pattern (like paisley?). just stay away from stripes since the pants already are. you could also keep the shirt white and go loud with the tie. or keep the tie and shirt simple and go crazy with the jacket. i find as long as you aren't trying to match two different pieces of the same pattern (ie stripes), you're ok.

Quote: i find as long as you aren't trying to match two different pieces of the same pattern (ie stripes), you're ok.

That would apply to any piece of clothing. solid advice though.

Personally I would go with plain tops to balance the "loudness". All depends, you can either try to look like a gentleman at leisure (which is probably more my style) ,some edgy punk-type, or the modern preppy kind.

A pastel colored argyle sweater with a shirt underneath can look real good.

Kapeesh?

Edited by DJ_Flame on Mar 16, 2006 at 11:30 AM

honestly, you could basically wear anything with those pants. well, except for black or white or something, because that would just be too boring. I think something with thick horizontal stripes would be great. but no narrow stripes, cause that would be too similar to the white lines in the pants. just do whatever you want, really. it seems to me that the point of those pants is to look ecclectic, not put-together.