nw era caps the new standard?

Guest freedomfighter

do "bros" and "jocks" seriously rock new era caps? i've never seen "them" wear any baseball styled cap other than some dirty, flattened, triangle brimmed hat with either a college sports team or alcohol brand logo or something ridiculous and made up like "abercrombie rugby" and it's smooshed over some giant "bro fro." it's usually adjustable and held together with duct tape or staples.

new era has been popular streetwear for as long as i can remember. either with skateboarders in manhattan or kids on basketball courts in philly i can't remember a time when they weren't popular. a clean, flat brimmed or slightly bent brim new era cap has always looked great. leaving the size stickers on is super tacky as is wearing it backwards.

i just got a woodland 5950 phillies hat in the mail today. stoked.

ps. dude was right "box caps" always sucked.

New eras have been huge for a long time, but they have exploded in popularity recently with all these stores and brands making their own new era caps. But I don't understand how people can be mad at jocks wearing them, last time I checked they are the official cap of Major League Baseball.

Quote:

No one cares about box caps? Stick to your supreme hypebeast.

New Era fitteds have been a staple here for urban fashion in New York City for a long time. Where the hell have you been?

--- Original message by DJ2xTech on Mar 16, 2006 06:44 PM

i think he was referring to the hats that the fall out boy guy wears..lol

those military style ones or whatever...

i dunno

i disagree freedomfighter. that's like bending the brim. eventually suburbanites realized how dumb a dirty, ripped bent-brimmed cap cocked backward looks.

toma açaí

Edited by azad on Mar 16, 2006 at 07:13 PM

Quote:

i disagree freedomfighter. that's like bending the brim. eventually suburbanites realized how dumb a dirty, ripped bent-brimmed cap cocked backward looks.

--- Original message by azad on Mar 16, 2006 07:12 PM

...what? you mean my generic college team Game hat is wack?

and lysol, here's your answer...

Travis_Barker_Shoan_176364c.jpg

Degan-_UrekHmbsh.jpg

grimey retarded

haha. those pictures are classic. i'm not gonna make a case against saying that idiots and celebrities or to be even more complete, idiot celebrities, don't wear new era's but i don't think that's a recent phenom...what underground street trends haven't been bit off by celebrity stylists? it hasn't stopped anyone here from crying foul on nike, bape or ernest sewn.

it's just that when i think bro hats or jock hats i think of a dude in boot cut, pre-fucked holister jeans, a pre-fucked t-shirt from A&F that says something clever like "sex machine" and this:

http://www.greek101.com/images/products/A4064.jpg

maybe i'm just not paying enough attention or we have different definations of the word jock.

if you re-read what i wrote i said that leaving the sticker on is tacky...it reminds me of the late 80's and humpty hump leaving the price tags on his clothes. i just think it's tacky. i also think that severely bent caps, to the point that they're practically a triangle or like a cone in front of your face, look sloppy.

if you don't agree, hey, that's cool doowhutchyalike but if you're seriously upset that "ppl" are talking about what they think looks good and what doesn't, then you might just be in the wrong place.

ps. i want points for working two digital underground references into the same post.

Dude, I wasn't referring to your post in particular - I just meant in general.

And yes, I agree about the bending the brim to the point of where it's a triangle.

My point was these are caps we're talking about here - yet people seem to have this notion about who can wear them and how they should be worn properly.

Different strokes for different folks, man.

in regards to bending the brim, it was originally done by ball players in the late 1800's to keep the sun out of their eyes and let them focus on groundballs.

i guess if skate/surf brands are worn in certain ways they werent intended to, hats will be also.

i personally think leaving the sticker on the hat is bad, but not putting ANY curve in your brim makes you look like a 3 year old. (i also think it there is any space between the hat and the side of your head you look like a fool).